Old Fart on a mission

Options
Looking for motivational over 55s to join me on my quest for health weight loss and hopefully fitness.

Replies

• Ang803
    Ang803 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 50...would love some friends in the "older" age category.
  • thekatclark
    thekatclark Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That would be fantastic.
  • lgrix
    lgrix Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm in that age group, you can add me!
  • thekatclark
    Options
    Hi ladies. Something about me. I'm 58 and i want to have more fun in my life. That means losing weight so i can move around . I've lost 20 kilos twice in my life but put it and some friends on. I hope that this time i will say goodbye to it forever.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat - I'm in a similar position to you! Feel free to add me if you wish (I've been doing this solo for a while).
  • thekatclark
    Options
    Well that went well. Squeezed the body into lycra and headed to the pool only to find it was booked out by a school. Fun for the kids not so much for the rest of us on a 40C day . Exercise quota today will suck as can't find a exercise listing for 'playing with dogs in front of the air conditioner'
  • torchyew
    torchyew Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 53. Is that close enough?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If you play with dogs, and actually move around, with the dogs in front of the air conditioner for 30 minutes just use "walking 2.0 mph leisurely pace' for whatever minutes give you 150 calories. That only matters if you intent to eat a portion of your exercise calories. And I'm 53.
  • thekatclark
    Options
    Thanks for that. :)
  • BostonBill99
    BostonBill99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Turning 60 this year. From one old fart to another, welcome!!! Over 100 lbs to lose. Did it before and I will do it again. Any and all help appreciated.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    LOL.. you must be Aussie. Old fart calling in too. Not hit 50 but very close!
  • thekatclark
    Options
    How did you guess :smiley:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Haha.. I'm one is why ;)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Us old farts are determined & committed!!
    60 y
    SW 301
    CW 168
    GW 150
    21 months
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    55 Aussie (I'm sorry I refuse to go oi oi oi) female and starting all over again after a break away during which I seem to have put all the weight back on that I originally lost - yep.