Chia seed smoothie recipes?

Options
beautifulsparkles
beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
I think chia seeds are disgusting, but I brought a pack so I should use them. I got them because of the health benefits.

What do you put in your smoothie that tastes good and drowns out the taste? or what else do you use chia seeds for?

Replies

• AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I think the trick is to add them just before you drink it so they don't puff up. I don't notice them in my smoothies at all this way. I also mix them into yogurt or add them to salad dressing right before I use it.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Soy milk, Bananna (raw or frozen but ripe) cinnamon , chia seeds one ice cube. (Vanilla protein powder if u want)

Milk, frozen strawberries, chia seeds.

Soy milk, Bananna, chocolate protein powder, spoon of peanut butter, chia seeds.

Vanilla protein powder, milk, frozen dark cherries, chia seeds.

You can use water instead of milk if u like.
  • NikkiUnderhile
    NikkiUnderhile Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was trying to make a smoothie with chia seeds to save for later and accidentally got a delicious pudding. I put all of these ingredients in my food processor in the morning and by lunch I had pudding.
    1 banana
    1 cup Silk unsweetened Almond Coconut milk
    3 tsp cinnamon
    1 scoop Sun Warrior natural flavored protein powder
    1 tbsp chia seeds
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    If you put than in the blender they aren't so big.
    Mix them with fruit puree in the blender
    Make the yummiest cup of coffee ever, let it cool, add seeds, put in fridge, shake often until cool
    Pineapple, banana, coconut milk, chia seeds, shaved coconut (optional) ice, blend, top with extra coconut
    Put them in chocolate milk and you get chocolate pudding, and pb2 and you have a peanut butter cup!