"Cheat day"

Options
I just read about cheat days. It's a day where you can indulge in labeled "bad" food which may lead you to thinking about that day all week and may bend your own rules. You can bing & that isn't good.
The alternative, which is so much nicer, is listen to your cravings, daily, every other day, week. Eat what you want in moderation. A small serving, enjoy every bite. It's not "bad" food if you eat a little everyday. Binging on one day is bad. And you end up cheating on your cheat day.
That's how it is for me, I'd think about it all week. So that small serving of Doritos I had & brownie piece, I'm not going to say " I ate junk food, I feel guilty" I'll say " I ate a little serving of what I craved". Big difference.
If you eat a couple cookies one night & a slice of pizza a few days later, your body won't gain 5 lbs. if you eat in moderation it won't affect your body as much as binging one day.
Can't treat yourself like your deciplining yourself. As long as you stick with eating 3 healthy meals & snacks, drinking lots of water & exercising, a indulging a little craving is healthy.

Replies