How do I lose weight faster on fitness pal,

Options

Replies

• Snipsa
    Snipsa Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Definitely just stick with it. I'm just over 5'5 (167cm) and currently weighed 79.0 Kg yesterday morning.. But according to the scale last night it was 81.2 Kg and this morning it was 79.1Kg. (About a 3 pound "play"). It is all normal weight fluctuations. According to the trend app I downloaded my trend weight is 80Kg. Down from 85Kg when I started this time around.

Just stick with it and if you weigh often/daily get a trend app to see that the trend stays on a downward slope!
  • cbtebb
    cbtebb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    There's no set diet to follow but I would say that what you eat definitely affects it. For example you could have grilled chicken and a salad for around 350-400 calories (all chicken basically) or you could have a mcdonald's for the same amounts of calories (maybe), and whilst the calorific content is similar, the individual macros would be very different and thats where the important parts are.

Best of luck.
  • LHWhite903
    LHWhite903 Posts: 208 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Try TrendWeight or Happy Scale to see the trend of your weight loss. Mine tends to be a pattern: lose, plateau, fluctuate wildly, lose some more, plateau, etc.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Fluctuations happen. When you lose those few pounds do old eating habits resume? if not and you are logging accurately, just give it time.
  • Beverlyyj
    Beverlyyj Posts: 14 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Is there certain types of foods I should be eating to lose weight? I have been on ALL kinds of diets that deprive me of this or that, is it like that to lose weight on fitness Pal?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Beverlyyj wrote: »
    Is there certain types of foods I should be eating to lose weight? I have been on ALL kinds of diets that deprive me of this or that, is it like that to lose weight on fitness Pal?

Eat foods you enjoy and fit into your goals. Ensure you get adequate amounts of protein and fat. Eat more whole foods, but don't deprive yourself of a treat every once in a while.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Do you pick the right entries from the database? And you still have not answered whether you use a food scale to weigh everything, at least I don't think you answered that.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

Just stay within your calorie goals. That's it.

Again though...FOOD SCALE for portions not cups.
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your help and encouragement. I started at 183, went down to 177.8 then this week, I am back at 180! I haven't done anything different. I am 5'4, eating 1490 a day I put in sedentary, but I do between 6000-10,000 steps a day. I guess these are my stats? Now I am afraid to eat

I'm 5'6 and I put in sedentary and I'm much heavier (240) than you and I need to eat 1150 a day to loose 2lbs a week
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Beverlyyj, visit my food diary and see what I eat. I'm not much of a cook and it is simple stuff, but I like what I eat and l look forward to eating it. Dinner in a few minutes is Dr Pepper pulled pork, an inspiration I got from an anti-soda discussion yesterday. It's been smelling great all day. How can that be interpreted as deprivation? Yes, I'm losing weight here, down 53 lb since January.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your help and encouragement. I started at 183, went down to 177.8 then this week, I am back at 180! I haven't done anything different. I am 5'4, eating 1490 a day I put in sedentary, but I do between 6000-10,000 steps a day. I guess these are my stats? Now I am afraid to eat

I'm 5'6 and I put in sedentary and I'm much heavier (240) than you and I need to eat 1150 a day to loose 2lbs a week

even at 5'6 and 240 you should be able to eat more than 1150 a day and still lose,if not something if off(either logging,not weighing food or something else). Im 5'6 1/2 and lose on 1500-1700+. 1200 is the lowest on MFP

Agreed. I'm 5'2" and lose 2lb/week on 1600, as long as I work out each day. If I didn't work out, I could probably lose the 2lb/week on 1400.
  • Beverlyyj
    Beverlyyj Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, no, I wasn't using a food scale, but I will now, I didn't know you had to use a food scale because you could eat what you want. How manny ounces of meat should I eat per Meal??
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, no, I wasn't using a food scale, but I will now, I didn't know you had to use a food scale because you could eat what you want. How manny ounces of meat should I eat per Meal??

Weigh by grams & consume as much/little as you desire, as long as it fits; into your caloric goal!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

However much you want, pretty much. Make it fit into your calories. You're not on a diet, so eat the foods you like, in the amounts you like, that help you reach your calorie and nutrition goals.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

As much as you like, as long as you don't go over your calories at the end of the day.

Pre log your day every morning, this way you can tweak things if you're over or under.

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options

This makes it sound like you aren't really accurately measuring the food you are eating. That, and your diary is closed. You can eat how much fits into your calorie goal, but you won't know how much that is without creating a recipe for that meal and then accurately measuring and logging it.