Fun motivational tips

Options
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has some fun things they do to keep their motivation steady?

One thing I have found great in the past has been keeping a ritual of writing down one reason i am doing this per day. However, this time I am finding that this motivational device isn't cutting it for me as it used to.

I'd love to hear about apps, rituals, mantras, blogs you read, tasks you do etc.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Liv

Replies

• samikirkby2016
    samikirkby2016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use my WiiU to play Zumba, I have a very competitive streak so I just keep trying to beat my high score. Only problem is timing, I can end up still working out at 11pm as it's the only time I have to exercise.
    It's great fun though, and a good cardio workout with a lot of calories being burned.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I use my WiiU to play Zumba, I have a very competitive streak so I just keep trying to beat my high score. Only problem is timing, I can end up still working out at 11pm as it's the only time I have to exercise.
    It's great fun though, and a good cardio workout with a lot of calories being burned.

I like the idea of competing, thanks for this. I'll ponder how I can work that into what I do!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I set a mileage goal for the year to encourage myself to go out and run. I have weight lifting goals to ensure I keep going to the gym. I have two vacations coming up this year, so I've set weight loss goals for those dates. I also have a fitbit to remind me to be more active during the day, rather than sit at my desk. Goals are a huge part of why I've been successful in the past and now.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I have a google notification that just says "be better" that goes off every day at 8:30 am.
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I make 5 lb mini goals, and I try to do something nice for myself whenever I hit one. I like to splurge on bath bombs, beauty products, or workout wear as a reward. I also constantly challenge myself to increase speed, time, etc. on the treadmill. I have a few friends that are doing this with me, so we cheer each other on. It also helps to have active, motivated friends on mfp!