Fitbit - "credit for it"

Options
I was just given a Fitbit Charge for Valentine's Day - a generous and thoughtful gift. The following is intended to be lighthearted. My son explained that if I take it off, I won't get credit for whatever I do when it's not on. Does anyone else feel they've just willingly signed up for Big Brother's Exercise Regimen? Do I need some nameless electronic entity to give me credit for the work I put in, lol? J/S ... I'm going to give it my best shot.

Oh, one serious question: do you find that with MFP, Fitbit, your running journal, and whatever else you use, you are over-complicating your logging?

Is there a Fitbit support group? ;)

Replies

• nancy077
    nancy077 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use fitbit and MFP. I have the two apps synced to each other, so I log my food and my exercise on my fitness pal. My steps are automatically recorded on my fit bit and it translates back to my fitness pal. At the end of the day Fitbit will pull your calories taken in and calories burned onto the fitbit app. If I log in my water intake I do that on fit bit. I hope that helps. I know how you feel. I was somewhat overwhelmed when I first started this process. I find that my fit bit helps to keep me motivated to get out of a chair and up and moving. My fitness pal is the easiest way for me to log my food because it has such a large library of foods in it.
    What an awesome Valentine gift. A healthy lifestyle!
  • fitbitloz
    fitbitloz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question...
    Is there any way of entering cardio exercise into MFP and not having my fitbit adjustment altered? If I do 10,000 steps and say a 45 min bike ride, when I enter the ride, I lose some of my fitbit "points"
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,169 Member
    Options
    Yes, there is a fitbit group here. Just go to the groups area and search for it.
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    fitbitloz wrote: »
    Just a quick question...
    Is there any way of entering cardio exercise into MFP and not having my fitbit adjustment altered? If I do 10,000 steps and say a 45 min bike ride, when I enter the ride, I lose some of my fitbit "points"

Log all your exercise in the Fitbit program and it gives you calories in MFP :) MFP won't auto post your workouts but you can always post a summary so your friends on MFP are kept updated!
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    nancy077 wrote: »
    I use fitbit and MFP. I have the two apps synced to each other, so I log my food and my exercise on my fitness pal. My steps are automatically recorded on my fit bit and it translates back to my fitness pal. At the end of the day Fitbit will pull your calories taken in and calories burned onto the fitbit app. If I log in my water intake I do that on fit bit. I hope that helps. I know how you feel. I was somewhat overwhelmed when I first started this process. I find that my fit bit helps to keep me motivated to get out of a chair and up and moving. My fitness pal is the easiest way for me to log my food because it has such a large library of foods in it.
    What an awesome Valentine gift. A healthy lifestyle!

I agree - I'll just need to play with it this week and figure out how to make them talk to each other. I might have to ask my children, lol -
  • Lydilod
    Lydilod Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    fitbitloz wrote: »
    Just a quick question...

I put my vivofit into my sock when I do a bike ride, also do it for spinning classes, not sure it if the right thing to do but I don't like it when garmin connect take away some of my exercise calories.