Stronglifts and ..?

Options
2»

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I've been doing stronglifts 5x5 for about 3.5 months with my husband, with great results. I love it, and don't want to give it up; however it is just a touch boring doing the same exact workouts 3x a week, every week, forever.

bgbMLmw.gif

LMFAO! Anyways maybe you can spice up your lifting routine like some people spice up their marriage. Wear kinky outfits and role play outfits when you lift. ANd make sure If you're dressed as the sexy lone ranger, hubby is taunto. And if your Karen Walker, he's jack. And if you're the drum, he's the energizer bunny.

I'd love to FR you because I eat mostly real foodz but I'm nowhere near a serious lifter yet, but good luck to you!!!

4193743105_8e03e0fbc0_o.jpg

DISCLAIMER: I would NEVER advocate lifting in an unsafe outfit like this. I despise pink.

I've trained wearing a morph suit before :) Also, had a dress up PL comp at my gym last year, was great fun. In a few weeks, we are doing a PL comp wearing mexinan wrestling costumes! And also have a session planned wearing our animal onesies.
  • igypsy
    igypsy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Role play and animal suits?!?

Well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar place as you with SL, and I have been adding pull-ups, pushups and some other leg work like walking lunges and Bulgarian split squats. I'm also starting the Focus T25 DVD's soon (as soon as I order them!), which is by Shaun T., the maker of Insanity. They are only 25 minute long videos with what looks like quite a bit of HIIT. I plan to do those on days when I'm not lifting.

I'm interested in looking at the 5/3/1 based on everyone's recommendations, too! Thanks!

Why would you do pushups when you do bench press? The only difference I see, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that your shoulder blades have more freedom of movement, and that you are adding in a lower weight/higher rep style training. It would still diminish your recovery. So would the dvds for that matter unless you are really eating a lot of calories. Pull-ups are something I definitely want to add.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Based on all the input and my experience switching from Starting Strength to 5/3/1, I think you may like it. The 5/3/1 part is not too different, but the accessory choices are interesting. I do the Big But Boring accessories and those kick your butt (and legs, back, arms, even my teeth were sore yesterday). Check out his e-book. Or you can fill this form out and pick an accessory program and it will give you a nice printout of your workout.

http://www.strstd.com

Tom