What exactly is Clean Eating?

Options
ZiezieO
ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
I hear the term clean eating a lot. I'm curious what it really means. Does it include meats? Does it prohibit certain foods/types of food. I am assuming it's lots of fruits and veggies, but I want to hear it from the people I trust the most ;)

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It depends on who you ask.

For me, yes it includes meat. It prohibits food that comes in a box, unless there's less than 3-5 ingredients. Basically all the stuff around the perimeter of the store, Fruits, veggies, meat (but not like processed deli meats and frozen chicken nuggets), whole grains, real dairy. Food without an ingredient list - or if it has a list just items I can pronounce.

I'd like to follow it more, but I admit I'm not very good at it. Takes a lot of time and effort to plan and prep food that way. Plus I love me a bottle of chemicals - aka Diet Dr Pepper.

I learned about it from Tosca Reno's books and website: http://www.eatcleandiet.com/what_is_the_eat-clean_diet.aspx#.UdIedTvVDQg
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    For me its plain food, back to basics, and a very easy way to lose fat. i.e porridge, salad, meat and 2 veg, nothing processed, minimal carbs, high mono fat, few snacks, only drink water and milk

BTW love that 50's style you've got going on
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    To me, it just sounds like eating healthier and fresher. Which is what healthy eating is anyways. I think it's just a new spin on an old idea.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    depends some people pressure wash their food, others put in washing machine, while others go with the sink method....
  • Eandretta96
    Eandretta96 Posts: 119
    Options
    depends some people pressure wash their food, others put in washing machine, while others go with the sink method....
    You forgot the windex. Personally, I use hydrogen peroxide and it kills all the bacteria.
  • nastydz
    nastydz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You forgot the windex. Personally, I use hydrogen peroxide and it kills all the bacteria.
    With a glass of bleach per meal
  • ZiezieO
    Options
    Thanks ya'll! that put my mind to rest. I feel like I'm already into a similar life routine, I'd like to go more in depth.
  • ZiezieO
    Options
    And for my extra smart friends, I already Windex all my fruit to make it shine and brush anything else with a fine tooth comb ;) goof balls!