Quite a bit of weight gain

Options
Just sounding off here, no particular purpose to this. Last time I weighed myself was about a month ago and I was 10:6 lbs, weighed myself this morning and now 11:1. I haven't been 11 stone since 2012, on visual judgement I don't feel as though I look any different, but I don't think my eyes are an accurate checking system. I'd say I'm pretty good at counting, weighing, tracking, etc. But clearly that's not the case otherwise I wouldn't have been surprised by nine pounds of weight gain. And if any of that is muscle I'd have to imagine at most that'd only account for two pounds. Was looking forward to eating at maintenance for a month or so for a break, but better push on with cutting again, even if just until any water weight I have have incurred goes away so I've got a better idea of how much I should be eating for maintenance. I'm a small person (5'5), I think I'd need to have gone on some incredible transformation to be 11:1 without much fat gain. That'll teach me to be lax.

Replies

• Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Edit: I thought I was adding an interesting comment in addition to what I said before, then read it again and realised no.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    without an open diary, its hard for anyone to make much more than generalized comments like ' you are likely eating more than you think you are'
  • Scamd83
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've already said my tracking game must have went off point, this is not a mystery to me. I'm not one of those people eating all of the food and then wondering they've gained weight. It just disappointed me and changed my immediate plans a bit.
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I yeah its pretty off. We are talking roughly 1000+calories over a day. Granted some could be water and the amount less. Assuming it's fat that is a lot of overeating I'd you were actively tracking with a food scale. For the next 2 weeks try 100% logging by weight and really see where you are with portions.
  • Scamd83
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've always been logging with scales, I have an entire cupboard full of them incase one breaks down on me. The problem here is clearly what I've not been weighing. And I don't even recall what that is as I don't remember not measuring anything out exactly, but clearly this must be the case. What's done is done, trying to eat as little this week to lose as much water weight as possible and then try a less severe cut when I'm sure I've lost what I can lose soon.