22 Days

So I've been logging for 22 days and over the weekend I feel like I fell off the wagon even though I really didn't go over my calories but I ate pizza 2 days running and didn't really know the calories so I just picked the highest calorie pizza in the list of options to log. Sunday I felt horrid. No energy, not eating properly etc. Today I was much the same, a little better. Except today I was hungry all day.

My question is does eating carbs like pizza make anyone else feel flat? I can see no other reason for it.

Replies

• vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    If I ate dairy such as cheese on a pizza I would be left feeling flat and lethargic. Carbs however make me feel good.
  • Kristie354
    Kristie354 Posts: 85 Member
    Hmm maybe I need to do some eliminations and see what it is.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Nope. Love it. Gotta have my pizza.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Are you sure it's not emotional?
    You said you fell off the wagon, this implies you may have been feeling guilty about eating the pizza. Rather than it being something you physically ate, maybe you've made yourself feel sluggish and down?
  • heldavi
    heldavi Posts: 25 Member
    Yeah I totally know what you mean. Even though it's within my calories, I feel that it doesn't give me good energy, it's stodgy food and the grease isn't good for anyones health... I always regret it.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Nope.

• engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Yep - certain foods make me bloated and I feel "yucky"
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Certain foods make me feel that way. Pizza isn't one of them. It's something I eat at least once a week and never have a problem making it fit.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Pizza is delicious and can be very balanced. I would make sure it isn't an emotional reaction to not eating what you feel is healthy. I have only had that truly happen once and I had 2 donuts for dinner. I am pretty sure it was a sugar crash but, I still love some good donuts.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    I agree it could be mental. I always try to get in a good sweaty workout and drink lots of water after days like that. There's going to be some water retention so I want that gone as soon as possible so I can move on. Also working out harder helps me mentally cope with what I just did and feel like I have the tools to address it since it will certainly happen again.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    From your macros it looks like you are normally low carb so I wonder if your much higher carb day Saturday was hard on you.

Paging @nvmomketo
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Kristie354 wrote: »
    My question is does eating carbs like pizza make anyone else feel flat? I can see no other reason for it.

Carbs really affect me. If I have a high carb day (which for me constitutes hitting the macro MFP set for me) I have uncontrollable cravings the next day. I feel much hungrier than usual. Even the second day after I'm affected though not as much. I tend to eat less than half the carbs MFP sets for me usually and I feel much, much better with little to no cravings.
  • Kristie354
    Yeah definitely thinking high protein, low carb because I still feel tired and irritated. My whole body is tired even when moving for simple tasks.

Thanks for all your input. It's appreciated.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Dairy (like that much cheese on a pizza) knocks me flat on my butt for days. It's a good indicator of a food allergy. Over-carbing (if I can make that word up) will not typically knock a person flat for more then a day.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    How come people accept keto flu and how terrible that feels as you force your body from a position of running on glycogen to one of ketones but not the reverse when your body gets a chance to replenish its glycogen stores from eating sufficient carbs

That said I think it's more your guilt over a food that needs addressing..guilt will make you feel all kinds of awful

• Kristie354
    Okay thanks. I still think I'm going to look into food allergies just in case. I felt and still somewhat feel pretty awful.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Life without pizza wouldn't be a life I wanted to live. I eat pizza at least once a week.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Had pizza last night - thin & crispy crush w/ tomatoes and spinach. Delicious. The only bad thing about it was that UVA lost (ha)... pizza fills me up and is delicious. The thin crust keeps the calories lower and I can eat it with abandon.
  • Kristie354
    I tested a theory today because I blamed the pizza and excess carbs but I also had 5 coffees on the same day.

No coffee all day today but I ate some carbs and junk food and felt fine. Had a coffee at 4:30pm & by 5:30pm I was a mess. Nauseous, lethargic, muscle fatigue & really just not well. It's now 9:30pm and I've just given in and taken anti nausea medication so I can try and sleep. I'm glad I did it because now I have a fair idea that it's milk and will make a Drs app to be sure.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Certain carbs, like pizza, white pasta or rice give me a very brief energy spike and then a complete energy slump that lasts for hours, so much so that I once fell asleep after pasta when I had friends round my place and I fell asleep on the sofa for two hours. LOL

I have to ration carbs or time them well so that I don't need much energy afterwards.