64.5 pounds gone in 6 months! (pics)

Options
justwanderful
justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
Big, big day today. Under 200 pounds!!!

006_zps0eadb66c.jpg

I've carried extra weight most of my life. On January 1, 2013 I was 264 pounds. Today, July 1, 2013, I am 199.5 pounds. Woo-hoo! Under 200!!! 64.5 pounds lost in exactly 6 months. I still have around 25 pounds to go till goal weight, but I haven’t seen a scale that started with the number 1 in years.

100_3800_zps5037477a.jpg

022_zpsc63bee31.jpg

How it started was, like many of you, I had had it with how I looked and felt every day. I was tired, sluggish and lethargic, as well as bursting out of my clothes. I was ready to do something. Then a friend gave me this book: “The Skinny: On Losing Weight Without Being Hungry”, by Dr. Louis Aronne.

The eating program outlined in his book came across as a program that could really work for me. Dr. Aronne explained what it took to lose weight and keep it off long term. The program was in line with much of what I like to eat anyway, so I took the plunge. As all of you know, it’s not easy, and takes planning and dedication to be successful at changing a lifetime of bad eating habits. But I did. Now, I feel satisfied when I eat and am not constantly hungry.

For food choices, I eat meat, fish, dairy and complex carbohydrates, including fruit, vegetables, and whole grains. To keep my carb intake in check, I've cut down on sugar, white flour and fast food. I put no ethical, emotional or dogma based restrictions on my food choices, and shoot for macros of 30/35/35. These macros, heavier in protein & fats – yet still over 100 carbs, help me retain as much muscle mass as possible during weight loss.

For exercise, 3 days per week I workout combining dumbbells and calisthenics for 40 minutes. On three alternating days per week I walk for 50 minutes or swim for 30 minutes.

Then there’s MFP. Tracking allows me to tailor my food consumption and macros to how my body reacts, making changes along the way. And, the knowledgeable discussion and camaraderie from people on the site are very motivating. I thank everyone for their help.

Replies

• lbpowers0506
    lbpowers0506 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good job! Congrats on getting under the 200lbs mark! Keep on moving forward and thanks for encouraging the rest of us!
  • IndianPrincess8888
    IndianPrincess8888 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congrats !!!Well done !!
  • mbrou28
    mbrou28 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Huge milestone!

And kind of fun that it happened on the first! :drinker:
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    Woo! You are an amazing inspiration! :drinker:
  • sadielankford
    sadielankford Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - well done! :)
  • Jric55
    Jric55 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I am new; out to lose 120 lbs myself. That is really great and inspirational for me!
  • jmperry18
    jmperry18 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!
  • DUCKIEGYRL
    DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just awesome
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all the well wishers in this post. The support from MFP members and friends really helps.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a huge milestone.
  • kfheston78
    kfheston78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What a great post! Thanks so much for sharing your tools/tips and for the inspiring pics. You look great!
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congrats on entering "ONDERLAND"! You look simply amazing and so much healthier! Please save me some room. I'm coming to "ONDERLAND" soon enough! :-)
  • lheaton
    lheaton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great job - you look so healthy now!
  • LED541
    LED541 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great Job - hope I can do the same!!
  • Taylor_made2
    Options
    Great work!
  • zandrathesweetheart
    zandrathesweetheart Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great work. Great motivation :)
  • powrwrap
    powrwrap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to get it done! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!