Women who have done Leangains cut

Options
I've been on a 16:8 fast since Oct 2015 and eating at my deficit. It's gone really well for me. I've lost quite a bit of fat. I still would like to lose more fat as my lower body holds on to it and I haven't leaned out there as much as I have in my upper body. I'd like to hear from women who have done Leangains and if it helped them lose fat.
I lift heavy 4x/week, PHUL program. 1-2 HIIT cardio per week. I'm 46, 5'2" and currently 118 lbs. (up 3 lbs recently, not happy with that). I don't get a lot of calories to work with. My BMR is 1130ish and TDEE is around 1850-1900 when I'm active. If I have a less active day it plummets to 1700.

Replies

• Sp4rr0w
    Sp4rr0w Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi sumiblue are you still in a leangains endeavor? Just saw your post and am currently on leangains protocol for 3 weeks now. Saw huge improvement in strength ( lift 4x a week), and am seeing positive results on the scale. I find the lean gains protocol and cycling helps to stay sane! Let me know if I can follow you: i’m on the quest to get to 24 % body fat ( am currently at 28%, 5’6 30 yrs old and 1 kid ). Have a nice day!
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    You know, I didn’t actually end up following the Leangains cut protocol when I wrote that. I lost weight with a cut and got down to 114. Then, gained some back over Summer. I’m now doing calorie cycling at a small deficit and it’s going well.