Diet pills

Options
is it a good idea to take diet pills and if so which ones are good for men and do they really work

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    No.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    No it's not
    None of them
    No they don't
  • runningalice
    runningalice Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just don't do it!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    :-1:
  • LHWhite903
    LHWhite903 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I keep telling you people, so please listen! Diet pills are an alien plot!
  • dagloman
    dagloman Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i haven't taken them yet lmao im scared now that i know its a alien plot i have lost 30 already just eating and exercising but with my job i have to lose it fast thats my only problem
  • LHWhite903
    LHWhite903 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    How fast is "fast" and what is your occupation that you are thus compelled? I'm curious now.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    How much more do you need to lose and in what length of time?
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I was part of the Contrave medical study that was done 7-8 years ago. I was put on a 1200 calorie a day diet, and took the pills. Lost 40 pounds in 6 months with no exercise involved. But do I chalk that up to the pills, or the 1200 calorie diet? Perhaps both? I do know I *never* experienced hunger pangs during that study, which a lot of folks on 1200 calories *do* complain about. So Contrave's claims of reducing the food cravings were 100% true for me.

Having said that, the minute I finished the 6-month study, the cravings came back once I was weaned off the medication, and I gained the 40 pounds back within a year. Had no complications while taking the pills with the exception of a mild dizziness during the second week when they upped my dosage. But once my body acclimatized to it, the dizziness stopped completely.

So unless you are prepared to be on a medication for life, I would suggest you figure out another way.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    dagloman wrote: »
    is it a good idea to take diet pills and if so which ones are good for men and do they really work

If pills worked, none of us would need MFP.

The way most pills "work"....is with reduced calories and added exercise. These things would help you lose without the pills. Save yourself some money and give yourself credit for weight loss....not some pill.
  • dagloman
    dagloman Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    im in the military i got hurt and made bad decision food wise thats why im in this situation now went form 191 to 244 trying to get back to what i was
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    If you take diet pills you won't learn how to eat smaller portions and feel satisfied.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you are fully recovered. Given the injury how much time are they giving you to reach the deadline? Either way, diet pills are NOT the answer.

You say you've already lost 30 lbs., right? Keep doing what you're doing and if you are not already doing so, carefully weigh and measure your food intake. Exercise only if your injury and recovery permits.