Some of these friend requests...

Options

Replies

• melsouth1972
    melsouth1972 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I accept most requests had a few odd balls but just deleted them. Most people are on there for the same reason as me - to get healthy :)
  • moogplayer
    moogplayer Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I think I peaked at 70 friends and now I'm down to under 20. I just don't want my feed clogged up with one or two people power posting 20x daily...
  • FunbagsMcGee
    FunbagsMcGee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should lick a can of Vanilla Coke in your profile picture... that keeps the friend requests away :|
  • yourhiddengem
    yourhiddengem Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I accept pretty much anyone, but I also cull weekly for people who are either a) insane; b) dead air; or c) stalkerish. Although "c" might reference back to "a".

I would be curious to know how you judge people as a) insane... I mean no particular reason I'm asking or anything
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should lick a can of Vanilla Coke in your profile picture... that keeps the friend requests away :|

I'm surprised...that's kinda hot.

Maybe when your profile is set as private you don't come up in search?
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

It is probably your username. Because we all know guys have no interest in funbags. :p
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    I accept pretty much anyone, but I also cull weekly for people who are either a) insane; b) dead air; or c) stalkerish. Although "c" might reference back to "a".

I would be curious to know how you judge people as a) insane... I mean no particular reason I'm asking or anything

It's completely arbitrary and judgmental. It also strongly depends on whether that version of insanity amuses me. If I'm amused, people get to stay. ;)

tumblr_inline_mh0f97KswN1qkavmj_zpsayimxf1j.gif
  • kurofenrir
    kurofenrir Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I guess this is more for the ladies but I'm curious about what guys have to say too.

What do you do about the friend requests you get from the guys with one shirtless picture, no profile info filled out and only pretty female friends? I usually decline them but is that rude? I mean, it's pretty obviously what those dudes are here for... right?

Lol maybe having all the women looking at their progress is motivating them :) Nah, there will be weird people no matter what site you you're on. Best bet is to ignore the request.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    people who play with me and make me laugh get to stay. people who make snide comments about my alcohol consumption get kicked off.

people who only complain get kicked off
    people who irritate me get kicked off
    people who think its ok to under eat on a regular basis and who spread woo science get kicked off

i really dont like people much, come to think of it ...... ;)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    I've been following this thread and think its time to make a comment. Haha! I have a small friend list full of all beautiful girls. I do not have my profile filled out because this is a new account that I'm on and after spending the time to fill it out last time and having to answer questions that were already answered in my bio, it thought why waste the time filling it out. I generally do not accept guys and here is why: I get very few guys sending requests and in the past, the ones that did were guys wanting to see what their MFP girlfriend was saying on my wall. But, if a guy sent me a FR and took the time to make a comment as to why he's sending me one, id gladly accept. Just hasn't happened yet. Does that make me a female collector? I don't think so. Same for female requests. In the past I've accepted blank requests from them and every single time they sit on my friend list and never interact. I keep my list small now and interact with every single one of my "girl" friends. And, if they aren't logging or posting workouts and not supporting mine, I delete them. I have an itchy delete and block finger and use it weekly if not daily. My point to all of that rambling is...just because a guy doesn't have his bio filled out and has only females on his list, doesn't make him a bad guy and if you skip over some of those you might really miss out on a good MFP friend. Just sayin!

Lol..^^^^.. :D ..I like that itchy delete and block finger...need cream for that :p
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I'm the Ron Jeremy of deleting...
    Guessing over a thousand now.
    People who whine all day have to go...not necessarily "wine" all day though... ;)
  • blue443
    blue443 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @jennitm, sometimes the short message does help with the decision to add or reject. And a little humor is not a bad thing.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I don't like being a part of some random person's quest to have as many 'friends' as possible. I don't send out friend requests and only accept them from people I've had some sort of worthwhile interaction with. Basically there has to be a good reason why I'd be friends with someone. Otherwise I can't see the point, I don't need motivating and will not motivate others. And neither am I interested in reading some stranger's constant and bizarre wall posts.
  • blue443
    blue443 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @jennitm, no doubt. Otherwise all we would hear is diet plans and workout routines.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    Its not hard to add a sentence.....otherwise its like I dont even know why u like to know me......I mean.

^^^ this. Woo me people...there's nothing better than a good woo-ing and if I can snoop your profile after you send a request even better because after all I'm really just kinda nosey...and like to be wooed.
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options
    I've yet to get a single friend request with a message so hence no friends as it seems strange that someone wouldn't at least write something in the request.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    GymRatSF wrote: »
    I've yet to get a single friend request with a message so hence no friends as it seems strange that someone wouldn't at least write something in the request.

@GymRatSF maybe no one knows what to say to Superman
  • DaphneSW
    DaphneSW Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    insta decline when this happens lol