Favourite ways to eat Sweet potatos?!

Options

Replies

• farland_clark
    farland_clark Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am actually trying this recipe tonight, http://www.buzzfeed.com/jodyduits/this-very-healthy-breakfast-will-make-you-feel-refreshed-and. It is a sweet potato and black bean hash.
  • stinegulliksen
    stinegulliksen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have never understood why people put sugar and marshmallows on sweet potatoes. They´re already sweet. Adding more sweet stuff on them sounds disgusting.

I usually cut them like fries, and bake them in the oven with a tiny bit of oil, and lots of spices, like pepper, salt, chili, garlic and so on.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I just had one for dinner. I usually just bake and sprinkle with cinnamon, but I added butter today, b/c I could.
  • DaphneSW
    DaphneSW Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have never understood why people put sugar and marshmallows on sweet potatoes. They´re already sweet. Adding more sweet stuff on them sounds disgusting.

I usually cut them like fries, and bake them in the oven with a tiny bit of oil, and lots of spices, like pepper, salt, chili, garlic and so on.

I'm the same actually ahah, I've always been happy to have them as they are!
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I slice mine pretty thin and bake them in the oven for 20 minutes, 10 minutes on each side, then top it with nacho toppings! Peppers, tomatoes, olives, cheese. Serve it with salsa and plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. It's a great substitute for tortilla chips, but they don't get that crispy texture.
  • mslavery
    mslavery Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    peel, cut into small wedges, olive oil, smoked paprika, thats it.
  • mlh71_2000
    mlh71_2000 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This week we are having sweet potato tacos for dinner. Lots of garlic and cumin and chili powder. Yum!
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I love them fried in unrefined coconut oil or baked and topped with sour cream
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I cut them up into fries and bake them in the oven, and then drizzle them with a sauce made out of light mayo, brown mustard, kethcup, and horseradish. Or I cube them and bake them with raisins, apple, and cinnamon.
  • DaphneSW
    Options
    I slice mine pretty thin and bake them in the oven for 20 minutes, 10 minutes on each side, then top it with nacho toppings! Peppers, tomatoes, olives, cheese. Serve it with salsa and plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. It's a great substitute for tortilla chips, but they don't get that crispy texture.

YUM!! I love this idea!!
  • DaphneSW
    Options
    mslavery wrote: »
    peel, cut into small wedges, olive oil, smoked paprika, thats it.

Keeping it nice and simple - I like this! It's like having wedges, but sweeter. I'm definitely going to try this. Is one whole sweet potato usually a servings worth? :p
  • gin_7
    gin_7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like to shred mine and out on the stove as if it's pulled pork! I shred it put in pan with some olive oil until brownish. Then add bbq sauce!! It's delish!!
    I also peel it , slice with a mandolin bake and use as nachos!!!!
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I Mash them and add sautéed onion, garlic, and chopped cilantro. Yummy :))
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Microwave them and sprinkle salt and pepper with a tsp of butter, delicious!
  • brentmccollough
    brentmccollough Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    baked with some brown sugar and a little butter
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    If I'm microwaving or baking them, I'll usually throw some Greek yogurt or almond butter on top with salt and cinnamon or all of that stuff together! If I'm baking them into fries, I'll do a garlic and paprika coating and make a cilantro lime crema as a dipping sauce that I make with Greek yogurt, lime, cilantro, and a little salt&garlic powder.
  • tr1sshaaa
    tr1sshaaa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    mashed with some garlic, tahini, lemon juice, and a little bit of salt. it's delicious!!
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Just nuked. plain. More than enough flavor for me.
  • iamclassycee
    iamclassycee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I peel the skin off of mines after baking it for an hour. I then mashed it up and put one tablespoon of creamy jif peanut butter on it. I also love sprinkling cinnamon on it as well. I then put it in the microwave to let the peanut butter melt. It is soo good.It is also good with almond butter. There are all kinds of peanut butter out there though. I'm thinking about trying some protein peanut butter soon from online.