Almost halfway!

Options
erinliz
erinliz Posts: 43 Member
One year ago around my 29th birthday I got on my wii fit to play a game with my daughter. It told me I was obese. I weighed 190 pounds. I don't know how accurate the wii balance board is, but I do know that I did not want to weigh that much. I joined a gym with my husband and later started trying to watch what I ate....but it was so hard! I finally started tracking my calories on spreadsheets and on various programs I could find. So far, MFP has been the easiest for me. I didn't start losing any weight until about 3 months ago. Partly due to making very gradual changes in my life and I think partly due to gaining some muscle. I have lost 19 lbs so far - almost halfway to my goal of 40! I am taking it slow and enjoying the gradual progress. I am starting to enjoy shopping for clothes again! Good luck to everyone! Stick with it!

Replies

• emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good for you...its sounds as if you are well on your way!!
    Feel free to add me as a friend for motivation and support.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    We're very similar. I started at 180 and have lost 18 and am aiming to lose 40 total.
  • erinliz
    erinliz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Arielle-
    I noticed one of your rewards is a tattoo. I got my first one a few months ago and think I will get my second when I reach my goal as well! Good luck with everything. Sounds like you are doing great!