Im back add me I need LOTS of motivation!

Options
Help

Replies

• sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I've been a back and forth member since 2012..This time I plan to stay and finish! feel free to add me
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    well...only you can help yourself love ;) But i talk a lot with my friends! Add me :)
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Add me ive been at it for a while
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I'm bringing this up because I think it might help you stay with it this time, not because I want to be nitpicky about words. People come here all the time asking for others to give them motivation. I say you can get support here but motivation comes only from within. Consider that a dictionary definition of motivation is: "the reason or reasons one has for acting or behaving in a particular way, the general desire or willingness of someone to do something." I think really getting in touch with your reasons is the best thing you can do. Understand your motivation. Think about it every day. And I don't mean the superficial stuff that we all have like wanting to "look better" or "feel better" but deeper, emotional level reasons.

My motivation centered originally around my health. I was in my mid forties with three small children and I was tired, I felt sick, and I was almost continuously worried about having a heart attack. I wanted desperately to live to see my children grow up and to be able to provide for them. Provide materially but also give them a healthy, loving home and to be an example and inspiration to them.

Weight loss is really a mental exercise as much as anything else. Once you're clear on your motivation it becomes harder to get off track because you know why you're doing it.

Best of luck to you!