Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

This is harder than I thought!

I am a personal trainer and I was fit before I had surgery. I was 120lbs. Also, my husband's affair with a heavier woman (250lbs) prompted me to gain weight. I wanted to put on 10 - 15 lbs, but I gained 30! It took 2 years, and now i'm trying to lose some of the fat, and gain some muscle. As a personal trainer I know how to do it, but actually doing it is a lot harder than I thought!

Replies

• southern_cueball
    southern_cueball Posts: 95 Member
    I feel ya! I was ripped to shreds back in 2013 and got lazy with my workout. Next thing I know, I'd gained 40 lbs. It truly is easier to stay fit than get fit!
  • 3p0l0v3sU
    3p0l0v3sU Posts: 34 Member
    Haha yeah, theres this new tv show where personal trainers gain a lot of weight so they can loose it together with there clients. Your experience is kinda the synopsis of that show (u know minus the adultery)
  • Alohabeaches
    Alohabeaches Posts: 16 Member
    awe sweetie, I'totally getcha. I took kinesiology in university. I'm here for support!
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    TamzFit777 wrote: »
    I am a personal trainer and I was fit before I had surgery. I was 120lbs. Also, my husband's affair with a heavier woman (250lbs) prompted me to gain weight. I wanted to put on 10 - 15 lbs, but I gained 30! It took 2 years, and now i'm trying to lose some of the fat, and gain some muscle. As a personal trainer I know how to do it, but actually doing it is a lot harder than I thought!

you've done it before and you'll do it again!! you got this
  • CoyotesGirl1976
    CoyotesGirl1976 Posts: 9 Member
    You'll get it. I put 15 pounds back on after an injury. Trying to get it back off again, but I don't remember it being so difficult.