Bizarre exercise question ahoy!

Options
Since the first of the month I've lost 16lbs eating low-carb and doing Insanity every other day with my husband. So far I'm losing pretty well waist wise but my chins are still as unfortunate as ever. Is there such a thing as a neck/shoulder/I don't even know what else workout that would help tone the chin area? Or is this more of a long term weight loss goal?

TIA!4knmhunkpgb9.jpg

Replies

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Sorry, you can't spot reduce. Just keep losing and it will eventually disappear :smiley:
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I kind of figured, I was just hoping someone would be a chin wizard ;) . Thanks!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    This was a real thing once:

rs_400x225-131129172552-kxmas2.gif

Haahaa but no. Sorry :D
  • ashleyylo
    ashleyylo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If it means anything, I actually think I can see a difference in your chin/neck.

Also, awesome job! You are looking great!!!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    You can see a difference.
  • Karmc2k
    Karmc2k Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You're looking good. Nice job losing inches on your waist and I agree with Ashley, your "chin" is less visible in the last pic....in fact, not really visible at all...so I would think you would definitely lose whatever is there with more weight loss.
  • law102189
    law102189 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Definitely can see a difference in your face and neck area. It's just harder for us to see our own subtle changes.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's hardest to see the difference in ourselves. OP, you've had amazing progress. You've got this... just keep keeping on.
  • gin_7
    gin_7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Doing great!!!! I can see a difference, keep it up ;)
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    This was a real thing once:

rs_400x225-131129172552-kxmas2.gif

Haahaa but no. Sorry :D

OMG. Please nobody tell my husband about this.

OP, I agree that you can't spot reduce. But overall it will begin to come off. It will come off where it wants to come off, in whatever order it wants, but it WILL come off.

BTW - you look FANTASTIC! Way to go.

• ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I think there's a huge difference in your chin and neck area. Keep up the good work!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your shape is looking fab!
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is a voice coach and has been her entire adult life. She is 74 and has a sleek chin and a smooth neck because she does vocal exercises with her students constantly. I am 15 years younger but if you took still shots of just our necks, I look waaay older. I don't know how much one can change it once the damage has been done though.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Not related to your question..but you look great -- keep it up! ;)
  • JessicaMcB
    Options
    Thanks all for your supportive input- hopefully by 30 or 40lbs down I'll be down to one chin!
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    You are doing great, keep it up. Nothing you can do to make specific areas lose you just have to keep it up!
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Now that is a home with at least one little princess running about! I, personally, can see a difference. Not as drastic as the rest of your body perhaps (you go girl!!!) but the difference is there. As we see our own faces several times a day, changes over time can be very difficult to spot but honestly, it is there.

Look at the change of posture too. Just standing for a quick pic but the first one says "kill me!" and the third one is "I'm badass and I know it!"
  • JessicaMcB
    Options
    Now that is a home with at least one little princess running about! I, personally, can see a difference. Not as drastic as the rest of your body perhaps (you go girl!!!) but the difference is there. As we see our own faces several times a day, changes over time can be very difficult to spot but honestly, it is there.

Look at the change of posture too. Just standing for a quick pic but the first one says "kill me!" and the third one is "I'm badass and I know it!"

Haha yes, 3 girls in 3 years have contributed in a big way to picture #1 ;) . I hadn't noticed the posture difference, thanks for pointing that out its something I'm working on!