21, 130 lbs, 3000K intake, no weight gain

Options
2»

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to give you all an update, managed to increase my calorie intake by 200-300 calories and the past week I have put on 3 pounds which is amazing so thank you all for the help so far, I am going to keep going and see if I can hit that 10st/140lb mark :)

OP I missed your update above on Feb 29 and see that someone put this thread back into the news feed by posting 2 days later... sorry about.

I should have seen it before I posted as you have already made some changes...

Good luck OP you got this! :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    april0622 wrote: »
    Try purchasing apetamin. It will give you an appetite. I have it and it works.

no....

just eat more...

OP - are you using a food scale? as @ninerbuff pointed out your intake appears to be below 3000..I would suggest getting a food scale so that you can accurately track your intake....
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have been using this app for a while now (about 4 months) I currently have an intake of 3000 calories a day, I am hitting the nutrients and macros daily, I am going the gym 4 times a week however I cannot seem to put on weight. I have gained 2 lbs in 4 months and I am not sure why this is not working.

My usual meal plan will consist of the following:

Breakfast:
    3 Large Scrambled Eggs and 3 rounds of wholemeal toast
    This looks to be about 450 calories
    Snack:
    Protein Shake and an Orange
    300 calories
    Dinner:
    Usually consists of potatoes, tuna, cheese or chicken and pasta, chicken and rice, etc
    Let's say 1000 calories
    Snack:
    Mixed Nuts
    300 calories
    Lunch:
    Again similar to what I would have at luch so tuna, chicken, beef, potatoes, rice, veg, salad, etc...
    another 600 calories
    I will then go the gym and afterwards have another snack, usually these fruit things which are called yo yo's I think and another protein shake.

Any advice would be more than appreciated!

Thank!
    So I may have estimated high, but it short of 3000 calories. Your BMR is likely at least 1600 and then you work out (say another 400 calories) then add in work and regular physical activity (walking, moving) you're likely around 2500 or more. So if you're eating 3000 (which it doesn't look like) that's a surplus of 500 calories. But here's the thing, are you eating 3000 calories per day everyday? I doubt it. I've seen this same scenario many times and most guys who are trying to gain just don't eat enough.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This is what I'm thinking too.

OP When I was your age and weight I thought I was eating a lot more too. You need to up those calories until the scale moves.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I have been using this app for a while now (about 4 months) I currently have an intake of 3000 calories a day, I am hitting the nutrients and macros daily, I am going the gym 4 times a week however I cannot seem to put on weight. I have gained 2 lbs in 4 months and I am not sure why this is not working.

My usual meal plan will consist of the following:

Breakfast:
    3 Large Scrambled Eggs and 3 rounds of wholemeal toast

Snack:
    Protein Shake and an Orange

Dinner:
    Usually consists of potatoes, tuna, cheese or chicken and pasta, chicken and rice, etc

Snack:
    Mixed Nuts

Lunch:
    Again similar to what I would have at luch so tuna, chicken, beef, potatoes, rice, veg, salad, etc...

I will then go the gym and afterwards have another snack, usually these fruit things which are called yo yo's I think and another protein shake.

Any advice would be more than appreciated!

Thank!

I went from 135 to currently 204 and gaining used a supplement call cb1 it's a weight gainer and what it does is it slows down your metabolism and increases your hungry allowing you to consume more calories and burn less

How does it slow down your metabolism? I think you need to find out what metabolism is and why you shouldn't want to play around with it. As for anything that increases your appitite there just isn't a need to do that. Don't screw with your body for short term gains just feed it.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Seriously with some of these replies.....

OP:

Someone previously commented to add 250 calories and if that doesn't work, add 250 more.
    That's generally the method I'd use.

Make a bump to calories, monitor average bodyweight for 1-2 weeks, repeat if you're not gaining weight.

If you start having trouble with appetite in that you can't keep up (too full) start looking at reducing food volume by selecting lower fiber foods, less voluminous foods, and foods that generally are highly palatable and less filling.
  • Zeus727
    Zeus727 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If not gaining at 3000 increase calories and your food intake is less than 3000.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree with the others 2600 calories ish with everything you're eating is being generous. It's much better to log everything rather than just guesstimating. Glad to see you're gaining weight now though.