Remembering to log your food

2»

Replies

• Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    i use the bar code scanner before i eat it. pre logging for the day helps me stay on track.
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    I pre-log everything. There's no point in logging it afterwards and finding it doesn't fit my day.

Same. Planning ahead also helps me keep my macros evened out. I don't think I could do it any other way.
  • jlitzinger172
    jlitzinger172 Posts: 6 Member
    I am so bad with logging my food...I will try to logged before I eat. I'm great with logging my exercise..
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    I pre-log everything. There's no point in logging it afterwards and finding it doesn't fit my day.

+1
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I pre-log everything I'm going to eat for the day usually. Even if I don't...I don't know. For me eating food and logging my food go hand in hand. Even if I'm scarfing something down there's just no way I'd forget to log it.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,164 Member
    i use the bar code scanner before i eat it. pre logging for the day helps me stay on track.

But there are foods that don't have a bar code. Fresh vegetables, lettuce, zucchini, sweet potatoes and many other things need to be weighted before entering in the diary. Besides, that will only work it you use the phone; can't scan with my PC ;)
  • Lightsoh
    Lightsoh Posts: 8 Member
    You have to commit to it. I don't open the packet until I've scanned the bar code. It takes seconds to do it. If I don't log, I don't eat!

Same here xD
  • niamibunni
    niamibunni Posts: 110 Member
    I plan meals on Friday/Saturday for the following week and do a lot of food prep on Sunday. Most days I already have the entries for the next day or so already entered.

Those pint and a half jars sold on amazon hold overnight oatmeal and dinner salads pretty well and those meals can be made ahead on Sunday. Recipes for those can be found on the 21 Day Fix site or Pinterest.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Another option is if you use the app you can set reminders.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    It's just something I do. I want to lose weight, don't I? Then that's what I have to do. I weigh it, log it, then eat it.
  • jyvonne27
    jyvonne27 Posts: 91 Member
    I eat basically the same thing for bkfast and lunch during the week so it is really easy to use the recent food and log my food. I pre log my food the night before, some times two days or so in advance. The weekends are the only times I might log as I go, but I try to plan them out at least somewhat. I find that the planning of my food helps me lose weight even more than the logging. I get into trouble when I decide what to eat when I'm already hungry, or at a restaurant, or drinking ;)

I also have the reminders set on mfp to alert me if I haven't logged my lunch meal by 2pm.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I prelog whatever I am taking to work for lunch. All meals at home, I log as I eat it. I save a few calories for snacks at night and have a pretty good idea of what my foods are to begin with, so I don't feel the need to prelog everything. If my food was more calorific than I had expected, I get a smaller snack that night.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    If I know what I'm going to eat the next day, I'll log it the day before. My breakfast is normally the same every day. If not, I log while I eat, or right after. It's second nature to me now.
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Nachise wrote: »
    I log as I go. I log my breakfast first thing in the morning at my desktop, log on my cell phone while I am out for the day, and finish logging before I go to bed. I sync all devices.

Almost exactly what I do! I do pre-log when I want something like a yam if it's at the end of the day so I don't go over. Helps me to decide how much I really want that yam.

I'm going to have to check out this bar code stuff y'all are talking about.