LCHF recipes...Are they packed with calories???

Hey! All you LCHF peeps out there....I'm going to really TRY to go this route and I've been researching recipes like crazy and everything looks soooooo good....but, I'm concerned that these yummy delicious meals are probably packed with calories....am I right? or no? A lot of the recipes include heavy cream and butter....and lots of meat....don't those things have a lot of calories? My problem with the high calorie amounts is that my daily calorie goal is to stay under 1350, which is relatively low I think, and I don't know if I can keep under that amount with the food options for LCHF. I suppose I could always exercise more to make up for it....I'd just like some feedback, and maybe some of your recipe ideas that you make on the LCHF plan, thanks! Just the idea of eating High Fat is hard to wrap my head around.....

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    If you are doing low carb you are taking away 1 macro (out of 3). All that's left is protein & fat. Without high fat....your diet would be greens and protein. Dietary fat doesn't make us fat (carbs don't either) but too many calories do. Dietary fat is essential for many bodily functions.

I don't do low carb because 1. no medical issues for me, and 2. it's not going to be a lifestyle change for me (the way I will eat when I get to goal).

Your low 1350 is a product of "I want to lose xx pounds per week" AND it's before any exercise. If you want more calories 1. choose to lose slower or 2. exercise & eat a percentage of those calories back (50-75%).