2»

Replies

• CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    I'm a male, so i know the women above me are batsh!t crazy. :+1:

JSi3o4c.jpg

You're obviously a single male then :D a married one would say "I know my wife knows everything" and then make sure his wife saw it.
  • TamzFit777
    TamzFit777 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    I'm a male, so i know the women above me are batsh!t crazy. :+1:

JSi3o4c.jpg

You're obviously a single male then :D a married one would say "I know my wife knows everything" and then make sure his wife saw it.

LOL!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    What kind of ointment?

It never said specifically--It was actually described as "a tube of salve". I used ointment because I didn't think anyone would know what salve meant.

To this day, I still cannot find any reference to the story or the character anywhere. My parents kept a lot of the old childrens books they bought for us and I went through them all just a few years ago looking for this story but have never found it. Makes me wonder if it actually existed--I would have only been 4 or so when she read it--but the details are so clear in my head, it's hard to believe I am imagining it.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »
    When I was a kid, my mom read me a story about a character named Mr Know It All. He wore a white smock, and carried a tube of ointment and an almanac. He sat at a desk in an office all day and answered questions and gave advice to anyone who walked in.

It's still my ultimate career ambition.

I had this job, gave it up, the hours sucked.

I think it's called working an IT Help Desk now--which doesn't have the same appeal.

• yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options

It never said specifically--It was actually described as "a tube of salve". I used ointment because I didn't think anyone would know what salve meant.

To this day, I still cannot find any reference to the story or the character anywhere. My parents kept a lot of the old childrens books they bought for us and I went through them all just a few years ago looking for this story but have never found it. Makes me wonder if it actually existed--I would have only been 4 or so when she read it--but the details are so clear in my head, it's hard to believe I am imagining it. [/quote]

OMG! Salve! No matter what happened to me in my childhood, my mother's standard answer to every problem was, "Put some salve on it." Oh that takes me back! Lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    If a trainer, or anyone for that matter thinks they know it all, they are sadly mistaken.
    Yep. I still continue education not only by choice, but to re up my certification to train. Certs are usually only good for 2 years and continuing education is how you get your CEC's to re up. I have to re up my the end of next month (have already attained the CEC's to do it, just have to pay for it now).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I'm a woman, a mother, I'm older than you and I'm British

I know fecking everything, I may even know the unknowns

This explains everything.

John Oliver when he was on The Daily Show did a very brief shtick where he explained that as Americans we're used to taking what someone says with a British accent as fact since so many popular historians are British and so many documentaries are produced by the BBC.

Obviously this is why I find so much sense and logic in your posts. I was just hearing the accent through the text somehow.

We also make good villains

Bwaha

Bwahahahahhaaaaaa

True 'dat.

jaguar_british_villains_t.jpg

When I was a kid, my mom read me a story about a character named Mr Know It All. He wore a white smock, and carried a tube of ointment and an almanac. He sat at a desk in an office all day and answered questions and gave advice to anyone who walked in.

It's still my ultimate career ambition.

lucy-advice-booth.jpg
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I'm also a personal trainer, but i'm constantly looking to improve my knowledge of all things diet and fitness related. I love working with other trainers or fitness professionals/enthusiasts because it afford me the opportunity to learn and gain new perspective.

if that's what you're looking for, feel free to add me. I'm not a know it all, but what i do know, I KNOW!
  • TamzFit777
    TamzFit777 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    rybo wrote: »
    If a trainer, or anyone for that matter thinks they know it all, they are sadly mistaken.
    Yep. I still continue education not only by choice, but to re up my certification to train. Certs are usually only good for 2 years and continuing education is how you get your CEC's to re up. I have to re up my the end of next month (have already attained the CEC's to do it, just have to pay for it now).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Me too, we have to earn 4 CECs a year plus have First Aid to stay certified.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    What kind of ointment?

To this day, I still cannot find any reference to the story or the character anywhere. My parents kept a lot of the old childrens books they bought for us and I went through them all just a few years ago looking for this story but have never found it. Makes me wonder if it actually existed--I would have only been 4 or so when she read it--but the details are so clear in my head, it's hard to believe I am imagining it.

Yup my dad was all about the "salve"