Nutrients

Hi, do you eat the extra nutrients you earn through exercise?
I'm always at least four hundred calories under my goal but never have enough nutrients left to eat anything that won't put me over my pre-exercise sugar goal.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Unless you have a medical reason to limit your sugar intake, you should be fine eating more sugar. Keep in mind that even experts who recommend limiting sugar are talking about *added* sugar, not the sugar that is naturally found in foods. Yet the guideline set by MFP doesn't distinguish between the two.
  • jmgranner
    jmgranner Posts: 2 Member
    The body has a climate and a weather. The weather Is balanced with juice, green vegetables etc. but the climate is the fatty acid balance. You don't get much out of nutrition's with a bad fluid index on the cell membrane.
    Get a better climate and the functions will start to work as intended. Like the muscle cell will burn the sugar and the membrane interacts better with insulin and clearing out the waste etc.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2016
    jmgranner wrote: »
    The body has a climate and a weather. The weather Is balanced with juice, green vegetables etc. but the climate is the fatty acid balance. You don't get much out of nutrition's with a bad fluid index on the cell membrane.
    Get a better climate and the functions will start to work as intended. Like the muscle cell will burn the sugar and the membrane interacts better with insulin and clearing out the waste etc.

LOL. Say what?

As to the OP, many people eat back a portion of their exercise calories (on the premise that exercise calorie burns are often overstated). Going over your sugar goal is nothing to sweat (nor is going over any of your other macro goals). MFP sets a superficially low sugar goal.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Only half, cause that's all you REALLY earn anyway. ;)
  • I'm constantly over my sugar goals. Don't sweat it too much. If your calories, proteins, carbs, and fats are on point, let the rest just be general guidelines.