Where do you eat your meals-including snacks

Options
2»

Replies

• irshgrl500
    irshgrl500 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I think your nutritionist has a point honestly.

You appreciate your food way more if you're not multi tasking... I don't know about anyone else but I'm more likely to be satisfied with a smaller meal if I really take the time to enjoy my food, instead of mindlessly eating in front of the TV (which I've pretty much completely stopped doing).

Yes, I think you do appreciate your food more. Your mind is less inclined to wander, and you're more inclined to focus on your meal.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Meals- Dining table, standing in the kitchen
    Snacks- kitchen, desk, bedroom
    Occasionally I eat in the car. It isn't really a rushed meal as I am still with my family talking and I don't eat more than if we took that food home and ate at the table.

I think maybe what you are doing might have more impact than the location. I think there is value in focusing on what you are consuming and fully experiencing it but you can do that lots of places.

• caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I usually eat breakfast at my kitchen table. I eat lunch at my desk at work, usually while reading or scrolling facebook. I usually eat dinner at my coffee table with my hubby. Sometimes breakfast is eaten in the car on the way to work. Occasionally dinner takes place sitting on my bed. I think that setting aside time specifically for eating in a specific place can be great for learning how to eat mindfully, but I don't think it's necessary after a week or two. I usually just eat slow and pay at least partial awareness to my food.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    This will work better if you have square meals. I eat all day long - about every hour or hour and a half. If I had to find a designated eating location, I'd never get anything done in life. :) That said, my family eats dinner at the dinner table, because it's a chance to be together. No TV tables for us, much to my sports-loving boys' chagrin.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    "Breakfast" (coffee) I have either at my dinner table or coffee table. Lunch is in my car, since my workplace doesn't have a break room. Dinner is almost always at the dinner table.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: desk. Morning snack: desk. Lunch: desk. Afternoon snack: desk. Dinner: dinner table!

Eating just fine, and still losing weight.