Fitbit One set up questions

Options
I just got my fitbit one and turned it on and synced it to mfp. I have not set my stride length yet. The fitbit shows I have 4697 steps today. I just took it out of the box and set it up a few moments ago. I'm not even sure where I go or how to set up the stride length. Should it already be showing steps when it is still just sitting on my desk?

Replies

• maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one (it's a couple of years old). Go to their website http://help.fitbit.com/?p=one to find out how to reset it. It shouldn't be recording steps while sitting in the box.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
    Options
    Thanks. That's what I thought.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Probably steps from the box just moving around. Tomorrow it will be more accurate.
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    I hope so.
  • 42firm03
    42firm03 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Did you carry it around in the box for a while today?
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    It was delivered from Fedex today and then I carried it in the box from my house to my office.
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    I guess it will reset at midnight.

• 42firm03
    42firm03 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    It was delivered from Fedex today and then I carried it in the box from my house to my office.

Sounds like it counted all that movement by the time you opened it.

If it doesn't reset at midnight or does add that many steps for driving then I'd contact Fitbit because that isn't how it should work. I've had a One for over a year and it is very good about only counting steps. Not driving!
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    Thanks. It didn't seem to be counting the driving after I got it. Who knows, maybe the FedEx guy tossed it around in his truck. lol. If it doesn't reset correctly tonight I'll contact then. Thanks for your help.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    There's a FitBit group here on MFP, loads of excellent info there, check it out, it will help.
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    Thanks. My steps were at zero today so I think it is all good. I pretty much ignored the exercise calories yesterday since it was around 3pm when I got it.