Trying to get back on track

Options
Hi everyone! Looking for support on my weight loss journey. I was never a big girl until I had my children and the weight just packed on fast. I have had a lot of medical issues and had one successful year of a 70 pound loss. But since loosing 70 pounds I have had major surgery got better went back to work and gained 22 pounds. I'm at a loss. None of my friends are supporting and they call me fluffy and Crack fat jokes. 34 years old and I feel like I get bullied more now that I ever did when I was child. I am looking for people who knows the struggle of weight loss who can help support me while I help support you. Together I know we can see the changes we want. Feel free to add me ☺

Replies

• sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Good luck with getting back on track. You did it before, so you know what to do and what works for you which is truly amazing.
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Just take the control back.
  • Punklett821
    Punklett821 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am getting back on track myself. I am a full figured woman. Don't let anyone get you down. What I have found that works with people who are trying to take you down is to acknowledge you're full figured and your concern is your health not trying to be a size whatever they are. I am losing my weight for my health and embrace it. When they realize they can't shame you because of the weight the jokes stop. I do if your so call friends and family continue call them on it and tell them how disappointed you are then *kitten* them down.
  • Punklett821
    Punklett821 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am getting back on track myself. I am a full figured woman. Don't let anyone get you down. What I have found that works with people who are trying to take you down is to acknowledge you're full figured and your concern is your health not trying to be a size whatever they are. I am losing my weight for my health and embrace it. When they realize they can't shame you because of the weight the jokes stop. I do if your so call friends and family continue call them on it and tell them how disappointed you are then shut them down.

• dadizzy
    dadizzy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back to it too.
    It's a challenge that's for sure, but I think with mutual support by people who understand the struggle, makes it easier.
    I try not to focus on the total amount I have to lose, it's too much, so am trying to shift the first ten pounds first.
    For me it's about chipping away bit by bit, and learning new habits along the way
  • rabblescum
    rabblescum Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I had a thirty pound loss two years ago and have gotten comfortable and backslid. Back up 15. I could use some active friends myself. Adding you.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    None of my friends are supporting and they call me fluffy and Crack fat jokes. 34 years old and I feel like I get bullied more now that I ever did when I was child.

Your friends don't sound much like friends to me. I think that you should give them a chance to change by clearly (in writing if you can't face doing it face to face) but politely explaining how their jibes make you feel. If, after that they continue I would drop them like a hot brick.

Life is too short to spend time with people who make you feel bad about yourself and in this instance YOU WILL pick up new friends.

best wishes.
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    People who put you down for your weight are not your friends and you need to stop hanging out with them. You are here on MFP and it is the best resource to chip away at your weight step by step day by day. If you really want to do it, you can do it. Feel free to add me. I am active and in the business of losing 25Kg *now only 20 kg b/c it is working)