zumba to tone?

Options
anyone tried the zumba tone and sculpt video? does it work to tone? i still have fat to lose and i am losing but i am also worried about sagging skin. i have lost 34 and have another 40 to lose. would like to prevent hanging skin if possible.

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    define 'tone'
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    not a six pack but no fat or extra skin? just flat for your stomach. and tone the other parts too legs and arms?
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Using my definition of "tone" I would say no, Zumba does not "tone" a body.

Maybe you should have used a picture to show what your idea of a "toned" body looks like.

edited to add:

this is what I think a "toned" body looks like
    Teyana-Taylor-mix.jpg
  • ear1011
    ear1011 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    to tone you want to do resistance workouts... zumba has some jumping and what not, so that helps, but I would count zumba as your cardio and do more weight lifting and or videos that are more about building muscle/strength
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Excess skin is a product if losing weight too quickly, genetics and the amount of weight total lost. No exercise can change help. Lose weight slowly, stay hydrated and have patience.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    To get a "toned" look you need to eat at your deficit to lose fat in general, and strength/resistance train to maintain (literally help save) the muscle you have. When we lose fat, we lose muscle too...but we can minimize it with strength training. Zumba is cardio. Even if they are having you use "weights"...it's cardio. Log it as a cardio burn to help increase your deficit or eat more.
  • myaminals
    Options
    thank you everyone.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Great article about "toning" - http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/muscle-tone/
  • myaminals
    Options
    thank you