Need motivation to keep going

Options
So I'm 32 years old and have lost ~130 pounds. I would really like to lose another 20-30 to get down around 185-190. I am finding now that I am getting closer to my goal weight it is getting very difficult to see the scale move and easier to drop back in to old habits of snacking and drinking. My weight variance is only 5 lbs or so but I'm tired of maintaining this 215ish weight. Any suggestions from those who have lost so much weight to keep fighting down to lose those last few pounds rather than complacent with where you are?

Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I've lost 127 pounds and have about 23 more to go so we're kinda MPF twins....however....I'm a 52 year old, menopausal woman and damn it, if I have to keep going all the way to the finish line, so do you!!!!

Howz that for a little motherly kick in the pants! :smiley:
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on the weight loss!!!! That's amazing. I've lost only 50 but I know for me when I got tired of losing I would take breaks, stay at maintenance and then restart when I'm ready again. Good luck!
  • draekin13
    draekin13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I stopped losing weight after the first 80 or so pounds I lost and a trip to Hawaii. It was good in a sense that I was able to maintain that weight for about 2 years before jumping back in. I have lost about 70 pounds since then and am at that same point of just maintaining the weight again.
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Seriously, though, I have just decided I am not going to stop til I reach my goal and LEARN HOW TO MAINTAIN.

I have done this work twice before, once in my early twenties and once when I was 30. I've lived an awesome life, but one of my biggest regrets (and I have very few regrets) is that I didn't see it through when I was 30. I wasted a lot of time.

I have been going back to the basics over and over as it has gotten more difficult. I eat the things I know work for me. I tighten up my weighing and measring. I change up my exercise routine. I ask my family to please continue to support my needs for a few more months.

You can do it all the way! Don't give up now!!!!

• WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'm down 133lbs but have bounced around the same few pounds up and down from that since August but am adamant that is going to change. Add me if you'd like to.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    The positive to be taken from it though is that by the time we're ready to maintain for good we'll already be experts at it!!
  • bri170lb
    edited February 2016
    Options

B)