Stress eating

Options
Today I found out that my car needed a new engine. And all I want to eat is cookies and candy and chips. How do you deal with stress eating?

Replies

• Lapetitechat
    Lapetitechat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sadly I tend to give in which is why I need to lose weight. Some people suggest yoga, exercise, a hot bath all of which could be helpful too. That sucks about your car. I hate unexpected repairs - the drive train in our suv literally fell part one time.
  • Jack_NYC
    Jack_NYC Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you can resist, resist for an hour. After an hour, If you still need to pick up, have a cookie, but LOG IT IN MFP. Good luck.
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Keep a healthy protein bar on hand and eat it instead. Emotion based eating is a big challenge and one that causes a lot of people to take a couple steps backwards.
  • ear1011
    ear1011 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ugh I hate that... I do the same. It helps when I have weekly weigh ins though. I weigh myself weekly and after seeing the scale go down even a little it really encourages me to think about what I eat and how it will effect my goals. seeing a lower number just makes my day!! That and allowing myself to eat as much as I want of any healthy food. Like fruit and vegetables. You will find if you let yourself stress eat that or "pig out" on vegetables, you don't eat as much as you think you can and feel really full quick.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Take a stress walk instead of eating.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I don't know who this dude is, but I enjoyed reading his blog post:http://zenhabits.net/emotional-eating-issues/