Options
13»

Replies

• elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    [

OP the recipe builder (should you cook a recipe with many ingredients) this poster mentions will through you off when you select entries using this recipe builder. You can use the old one, way better.

The standard food entries (not the recipe builder) does have confirmed entries, sometimes you just need to re-arrange the words in the food you are looking for so that you can see all of them you want to select from. You can take a label from your food and create your own in your diary and it does not have to be made public, it can be only for your use, should there not be an exact match from the default database entries.

Are you talking about the different recipe builders on the app vs the website? I use the iPhone app, the mobile website, and the regular website - depending what device is nearest me. I remember seeing something about an old recipe thing and a new one. But have never been sure which I am using at any given time.

When I use the iphone app, sometimes the green check mark shows up, sometimes not. I assume it depended on the order of my words.

Lots to learn about the best ways to handle recipes. These days I cook about 60% from scratch so not too many labels to rely on.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    My way of double checking the accuracy is to compare the non-USDA info to what I'm looking at on the label. If they match, I use it and then keep using the same entries. I only like the computer-based recipe builder, it seems so much harder on the phone.

The new recipe builder is where you can import a recipe from a url. The old one (the one i use) is the one where I enter in ingredient by ingredient. I have a ton of recipes saved by date. I like cooking in bulk, makes my life easier. :smiley:
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything. I weigh EVERYTHING. Any sauces or condaments and my almond milk too. And prepackaged food.