what's more important to you

Options
2»

Replies

• yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    The way I look in/out of clothes. I seem to lose inches more quickly than pounds.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    The way I look and feel.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I care more about how I look, but the number is really what changes on a more frequent basis so I tend to get more caught up in that in a given week.
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    The way I look, feel and fit in my clothes. The scale can't calculate my muscle growth or changes.
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    The way I look, feel and fit in my clothes. The scale can't calculate my muscle growth or changes.

But they are looking great! ;)
  • OldManOne
    OldManOne Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The way I look in my snowsuit while snow blowing the driveway.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Honestly: the number on the scale.

I am trying to be more mindful that it is just a number, but it still holds some power over me. I think it stems from being overweight/obese my whole adolescent life and being picked on for being fat. When I started losing weight, I lost and lost and wanted an ever lower number because I wouldn't be made fun of if I was skinny was my thinking. I got to a weight that was not maintainable and affected my health. Since, I've gained weight and am much healthier now, but I'm always afraid of going back to the "old me."

I am slowly changing my mindset that being strong and fit is more important than what I weigh. Honestly, no one knows how much I weigh, so why does it really matter?
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    Honestly: the number on the scale.

I am trying to be more mindful that it is just a number, but it still holds some power over me. I think it stems from being overweight/obese my whole adolescent life and being picked on for being fat. When I started losing weight, I lost and lost and wanted an ever lower number because I wouldn't be made fun of if I was skinny was my thinking. I got to a weight that was not maintainable and affected my health. Since, I've gained weight and am much healthier now, but I'm always afraid of going back to the "old me."

I am slowly changing my mindset that being strong and fit is more important than what I weigh. Honestly, no one knows how much I weigh, so why does it really matter?

you look fantastic. i don't care what you weigh :smile: P
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    skinny is an insult to me...someone calling me skinny has motivated me to get off the track and get back in the weight room before...

so, how I look.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    It seems like the lower the number on the scale, the better I look in and out of clothes. That being said if the number gets too low, well then, I'll just look sick. I kinda want that right now though :D
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Clothes. Always.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Is it the number on the scale or is it they way you look in and out your clothes

Number doesn't matter. Definitely the way I look/feel
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Chasing a scale number to prove to myself I can get back to it. Honestly think I will want to go lower this time to target body fat percentage.

Need a good waist to height ratio for health reasons.

Want to look good in clothes because vanity.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    The way I look AND FEEL.
  • msablj
    msablj Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The way I look, but it took me a long time to realize the # on the scale means nothing if you aren't healthy.
  • Jess1989ica
    Jess1989ica Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    The way I look!