Avocado Addicts!

Options
13»

Replies

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I had fried avocado tacos in Austin, TX, and I think about them all the time. Yum.

-Avocado diced on fried rice or rice with a little rice wine vinegar, an over easy egg, scallions, and avocado.
    -Keep Wholey Guacamole 100 calorie packs in the freezer in case of an avocado emergency. Put on everything.
  • kelleyd88
    kelleyd88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Avocados are so versatile, I eat them every single day. One of my favorites is roasted sweet potatoes and half an avocado chopped into a bowl with some pepper and sriracha. Simple and so delicious!
  • MaGrl523
    MaGrl523 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!! I love avocados. I usually mix them with tuna, cottage cheese, or chicken and put a little mild hot sauce on it. This is my go to staple on a daily basis.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who enjoys avocado with my cottage cheese. ;)
  • MaGrl523
    MaGrl523 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Peri-peri chicken liver with brown rice and avocado
    Avocado & goats cheese on wholegrain toast
    Avocado stuffed with black beans and feta cheese
    Baked avocado with sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts
    Salmon burger with grilled pineapple and avocado
    Avocado and blueberry salad

Holy- Avocado and goat cheese! Why didnt I think of that!
  • amberemily978
    amberemily978 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    amy13a wrote: »
    I recently tasted an avocado for the first time, I have to say they aint half bad.

What do they taste like...I know it's hard to say what something tastes like but what's the closest thing you can compare it too?...I'm quite funny with tasting new things but really want to give it a try for the high calorie content.
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Addict too!

Cookies!!
    https://www.avocadocentral.com/avocado-recipes/peanut-butter-avocado-cookies

Sammiches!!
    Poached egg and avocado in a pita or flatbread with lettuce, tomato and hummus
    Cilantro, red onion, tomato, avocado and sour cream with some cumin mixed into the cream.
    Toasted bread + avocado, mozzarella and shredded chicken with tomato sauce.

Also try, avocado, honey, cinnamon and/or cloves. It's super delicious on toast!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing in the world is my homemade guacamole, which is just one avocado mashed with some lime juice, salt, and cayenne pepper. Sometimes I'll throw in some chopped tomato. I'm not a fan of onions or garlic so I don't add those, but it still tastes amazing to me. I'll throw my guac on everything... it's especially good on grille chicken breast with just a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    kelleyd88 wrote: »
    Avocados are so versatile, I eat them every single day. One of my favorites is roasted sweet potatoes and half an avocado chopped into a bowl with some pepper and sriracha. Simple and so delicious!

I would never think to put sriracha on sweet potatoes - will have to try it out! This thread is awesome! Book marked. I'm excited to go home to my avocado tonight! I mostly just use them plain or in salads. My world has just been expanded ;)
  • Jaxxy01
    Jaxxy01 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    OH my! Soooo many yummies to try. Thanks for sharing everyone!!!
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Recipes? You mean other than "Cut it open and eat with spoon?"

This one is my favorite: http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/04/black-bean-avocado-enchiladas/

I'm excited about trying this one next week: http://margaretsdish.com/tempeh-salad-sandwich-hold-the-mayo
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    damnit, reading this makes me want Avocados!!!
  • alisha21mfp
    alisha21mfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat avocado several days a week. I go on binges where I will eat them every day for weeks at a time. My favorite avocado lunch is to get a can of low sodium Garbanzo beans and mix em up with one whole ripe avocado. I add a little salt and pepper and a couple tablespoons of nutritional yeast. I am addicted to that combo. I absolutely love it!
    I'm definitely trying this tomorrow:-)
  • sandraetrevino
    sandraetrevino Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use avocado on my salad instead of dressing... Lately I've been spreading it on mission baked tostadas...even for breakfast with a whole egg lol