How do YOU feel hunger???

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Can't explain it LOL. But sometimes it's in my stomach, sometimes it's in my body and I feel that I'm getting weak and should really eat something.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Different types of hunger pangs for me

Irritable and snappy

Mouth hungry - just want to chew ????

Tired , brain fog , can't do simple tasks properly

Thirsty hungry - needing to up my fluids but mouth doesn't feel dry

Belly hungry , not really rumbling but an empty feeling , usually something little satisfies but has taken time to recognise this

Boredom hungry - mindless munching
    How I ended up on mfp lol

Could eat a horse hungry - tends to be 'eyes bigger than stomach ' as my mum says

That's a lot of hungry

Haha, that's a great summary for me, too! I'll also add insomnia hungry - where my stomach is so empty and my body is so hungry I either can't sleep or wake up frequently in the middle of the night. Eating something as simple as a cheese stick and water helps, but plain water with no food doesn't help much.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Usually my brain is there before my stomach. I feel like I should eat, and if I put it off that's when my stomach kicks in. And just to be clear - I also get my brain telling me to eat something when I am not hungry, but they are two different things. My brain is also what tells me when to stop eating when I go out to eat. It's a kind of click that tells me when I am done.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,962 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    texasf1ght wrote: »
    I have wondered this so often because I usually only feel satiated for about an hour after eating, and then I'm hungry again. After having another good friend lose weight with me and do the same intensity of workouts I was starting to feel like something was wrong with me. I constantly felt hungry, and I was worried that I wasn't eating enough, but when I upped my calorie intake from 1,300-1,500 to 1,500-1,800 I stopped losing weight...

I'm only hungry right before a meal. You may be eating types of foods that aren't satiating for you. We can give you some tips if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Weakness, poor concentration, irritability, sometimes a rumbling stomach (but mine is often noisier the hour after eating rather than before).
    If it goes too far I start to feel sick.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Mostly, I'll get stomach cramps. They start super mild and are easily ignored.

If it's mostly because I eat at that time of the day, they'll go away in 10-15min and not come back again until I smell food cooking or it's time for the next meal.

If I'm seriously in need of food, they escalate until I can't hardly stand up straight and definitely can't think straight.
    ^^^
    This is rare.

I've also done the 'weak feeling' type of hunger before, but I think that was more like hypoglycemia since a couple of bites takes care of it.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Stomach growling, overall weakness, and I get crabby! Sometimes if I am late cooking dinner and it is taking longer than I like, we all get crabby and I know it's because we are all hungry :)

When I am doing endurance activity (2+ hours on my road bike), I noticed that I MUST eat at least an energy bar every hour or so. If I forget to pack one, I can immediately notice my energy waning and I slow down. Once I eat, I am fine again and can keep going. My friend and my DH don't have the same issues and can keep going without food. Don't know if it's mental, but it seems real enough - especially since it took me about a year or so to realize this was happening consistently.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    When hungry, my stomach growls, I get tired and a little irritated. This is my warning to EAT SOMETHING NOW. I have non-diabetic hypoglycemia and if I ignore true hunger warnings I could wind up passing out. Hasn't happened in years, but it used to. About 15 minutes before I pass out, I get to the point where I'd murder for a meal. Mom calls it my Hulk state.
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I hear my tummy and/or I start getting a craving something to eat.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    An empty feeling in my stomach usually accompanied by growling (often embarrassingly loud). If I stay hungry too long I'll usually get a headache.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Nauseated and/or an empty feeling