I really want to eat a kitkat...

Options
Guys, what do I do. I'm craving it because it's been advertised alot lately on posters and billboards. I want it so badly, but I'm scared to cave in.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Have one if it fits in your calorie allotment for the day. If not, plan better tomorrow.
  • DaphneSW
    DaphneSW Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I always struggle to eat within my 1500 calories and most days end up eating over it because I earn calories from exercise.. so in theory no day do I ever have calorie allotment :(
  • shmeega
    shmeega Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with indulging so long as you don't eat 6 kitkats !
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    If you want one, fit it into your calorie limit and have one.

Some days I'm really craving some horrible fast food (my personal guilty pleasure food is a western bacon cheeseburger from Carl's JR), so I'll either skip a meal that day so that I can fit it in, or I'll maintain a bigger deficit over the next few days to make up for it.

Denying yourself every craving will ultimately lead to failure.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I dunno. I'm eating a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's froyo now. Kitkat seems fine to me lol.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You have two options: eat a KitKat or don't eat a KitKat. If you want one and can make it work, then have one. If you don't want one or can't make it work, then you just have to wait it out. Cravings go away eventually. Eat a different kind of treat that fits the same needs (jello pudding cups or fudge pops or something) if you want/can. Distract yourself. Pick up a hobby so you don't think about it. Whatever you need to do to get it out of your head.
  • DaphneSW
    Options
    When I'm really craving something like that, sometimes it helps me to pre-log it for the next day. Then I know that I can have it, that I planned to have it and didn't just give in to temptation, and that it fits into my day. Then...I eat it guilt free the next day. There's a slight delay to that, but knowing that I'm getting it tomorrow generally allows me to ignore the craving right now.

This is a great idea. I'm going to log it in for tomorrow :)
  • DaphneSW
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I dunno. I'm eating a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's froyo now. Kitkat seems fine to me lol.
    hahaha love it!!
  • arditarose
    Options
    DaphneSW wrote: »
    When I'm really craving something like that, sometimes it helps me to pre-log it for the next day. Then I know that I can have it, that I planned to have it and didn't just give in to temptation, and that it fits into my day. Then...I eat it guilt free the next day. There's a slight delay to that, but knowing that I'm getting it tomorrow generally allows me to ignore the craving right now.

Great idea. It shows a bit of self control, and a bit of flexibility to your dieting. Both are really key to success. And maybe tomorrow you'll want a 210 (? my guess on kitkat calories) calorie salad or some fruit and yogurt instead! Or...serving of ice cream :)
  • DaphneSW
    Options

Great idea. It shows a bit of self control, and a bit of flexibility to your dieting. Both are really key to success. And maybe tomorrow you'll want a 210 (? my guess on kitkat calories) calorie salad or some fruit and yogurt instead! Or...serving of ice cream :)

you're right - it's 210!
    Tomorrow's lunch is a green salad, then quinoa salad for lunch so it should definitely fit!!
  • arditarose
    Options

you're right - it's 210!
    Tomorrow's lunch is a green salad, then quinoa salad for lunch so it should definitely fit!!

lol. Sad that I know that. I've read the back of all the candy bars so many times...
  • janellsosajs
    janellsosajs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Drink some water. Sometimes dehydration disguises itself as a salty/sweet snack. If that doesn't work have a miniature kitkat and eat it slowly so you can enjoy the kitkat.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I like to put kitkats and other candy in 0% Greek yogurt...like a decent amount of yogurt. 300 grams or so. I make a meal of it :)
  • _SpookyKitten
    _SpookyKitten Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can have a mini every day! I think they are like 60 cals
  • DaphneSW
    Options
    Drink some water. Sometimes dehydration disguises itself as a salty/sweet snack. If that doesn't work have a miniature kitkat and eat it slowly so you can enjoy the kitkat.

Haha I'm constantly drinking water and tea so it's definitely not hydration :(
  • DaphneSW
    Options

you're right - it's 210!

lol. Sad that I know that. I've read the back of all the candy bars so many times...

Hahahaha no I love it!! It's totally a good thing to be calorie aware ;) It's justified hehe. New Zealand just got salted caramel kitkats so that's why i've been craving it so badly - I'm desperate to try the new flavour!!
  • janellsosajs
    janellsosajs Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Haha I'm constantly drinking water and tea so it's definitely not hydration :( [/quote]

Isn't tea a diuretic?
  • musikplayr
    musikplayr Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Others are right. Eat the Kit Kat! Just don't make it a habit. If you never give yourself a treat once in a while, it's easier to give up.
  • DaphneSW
    Options
    Haha I'm constantly drinking water and tea so it's definitely not hydration :(

Isn't tea a diuretic?[/quote]

I'm not sure.. I mindlessly drink green tea, and english breakfast out of habit.
  • DaphneSW
    Options
    musikplayr wrote: »
    Others are right. Eat the Kit Kat! Just don't make it a habit. If you never give yourself a treat once in a while, it's easier to give up.

I like that ;) Kit kat is planned and logged for tomorrow. My body is ready for this