need motivation

I was doing very well with my weight lost until today. I need some thoughts and honestly some prayers, I lost my niece today she was only 21 and it was by a careless accident at work. I have not been able to think about calorie counting or dieting all day today. I don't even know how I am going to get through this tragedy. I am worried about my brother after his last suicide attempt I don't want to lose him to. I know I need to watch what I eat but that was not my priority and don' remember how much I did eat, I know I drank more then I should but I will deal with that in the future right now it is the only way I am going to get through this,

Replies

• BrandyGanus
    BrandyGanus Posts: 45 Member
    I am so sorry for your loss. I would suggest seeing a grief counselor and urging your brother to seek counseling as well (I assume your niece was his daughter?). Take the time you need to grieve and look after your brother. But don't forget to treat yourself with kindness too - you're going through a difficult time right now. Don't beat yourself up if you can't do it all right now. My thoughts are with you.
  • VictorLAnderson
    VictorLAnderson Posts: 2 Member
    don't lose it....let tomorow come..it will be a little better...don't worry about what you eat...you will be ok...drinking is not going to change anything but tomorow will. Give it a chance... help your brother..don't focus on yourself if you can avoid it....
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Sorry for your loss. I completely agree with @BrandyGanus take care of your mental and spiritual health during this difficult time. Don't beat yourself up by not following your intended diet plan to a tee right now, take care of yourself and when you're ready get back on track. Sending prayers your way.