I think I've just confused myself

Options
I've been rechecking my settings and I'm begining to wonder if they are correct. I have a Garmin viviofit that is synced with MFP, the viviofit is set at active, I am very sedentary during the day but I spend about 3hours at the gym on an evening 5 days a week.
I have MFP set at sedentary and add in my exercise, garmin connect adds or subtracts the calories, its usually no more that 50calories either way, although one day last week it gave me over 1200 calories.
Does this make sense or should I change them.

Replies

• leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    im not sure how a garmin works, however i have a Heart rate monitor and only add my calories burnt through my combat classes.. and just use the set given amount that mfp gives you
  • Lydilod
    Lydilod Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    just out of interest how many calories do you burn during Combat classes I do a 45 min Les Mills class and although i'm sweating buckets and I'm shattered MFP's total is 507, which seems a lot.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Lydilod wrote: »
    I've been rechecking my settings and I'm begining to wonder if they are correct. I have a Garmin viviofit that is synced with MFP, the viviofit is set at active, I am very sedentary during the day but I spend about 3hours at the gym on an evening 5 days a week.
    I have MFP set at sedentary and add in my exercise, garmin connect adds or subtracts the calories, its usually no more that 50calories either way, although one day last week it gave me over 1200 calories.
    Does this make sense or should I change them.

One day last week it was 1200? Is it working right now? Perhaps Garmin had a hiccup.. I use a HR with my Garmin and once in a blue moon outrageous calorie burns have been recorded, but isolated and very rare.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    What are you doing that takes 3 hours in the gym? Or do you mean in total you spend 3hrs over the course of a week?
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    just out of interest how many calories do you burn during Combat classes I do a 45 min Les Mills class and although i'm sweating buckets and I'm shattered MFP's total is 507, which seems a lot.

yep i burn about 480-500 calories according to my hrm, its not law but its a good indication
  • Lydilod
    Options
    What are you doing that takes 3 hours in the gym? Or do you mean in total you spend 3hrs over the course of a week?

It depends on the day but so far this week
    Monday
    45min work with a gym stick
    45min Pilates
    45min Bodypump
    30min Swim

Yesterday
    30min Kangoo Jump class
    45min Bodycombat
    30min Swim
  • leahcollett1
    Options

It depends on the day but so far this week
    Monday
    45min work with a gym stick
    45min Pilates
    45min Bodypump
    30min Swim

Yesterday
    30min Kangoo Jump class
    45min Bodycombat
    30min Swim

i wish i had time to do all that, unfortunately with a 2 and 3 year old i can just about manage 45 minutes four times a week at home :)
  • Lydilod
    Options
    My kids are 16 and 18 and the four of us (including hubby) all go to the same gym. I've been going for almost two and half years now, although with teenagers sometime they need a bit extra encouragement.