MFP and FitBit

Hi- i've been a member for a long time and havent done a thing.. now i am motivated and want to lose weight, feel less bloated. I am confused- does my fitbit update to this site? or am i tracking everything on 2 different sites MFP and Fitbit? thanks..

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Fitbit does update your activity here if you set it to do so. Log food here and activity on fitbit and analyze the total picture here is what I'd guess most people myself included are doing. Unfortunately MFP/Fitbit syncing gets flaky at times.
  • T0M_K
    I should have added that your food will sync to your Fitbit app as well. I find the two apps showing me diff amounts left to eat for the day but i really don't get hung up on trying to understand or reconcile the two. I basically use MFP then let the results on the scale tell me if i'm moving in the right direction.
  • thanks Tom- how do i set it up that way? i appreciate the quick response.
  • T0M_K
    well, its a little tricky and been a while since i did it. You have to approve the fitbit app in MFP and/or visa versa. Start here: help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-integrate-Fitbit-with-MyFitnessPal
  • Sweetnsimpleblond
    Sweetnsimpleblond Posts: 43 Member
    I enter all my food consumption in MFP and it syncs to my Fitbit. I follow the calorie intake on Fitbit recommendations because it's a better monitor of my full day's activities. I don't enter my work out into MFP because it seems to double dip in my Fitbit then.