Binge eating

Options
I struggle with binge eating on a daily basis.I KNOW if I could kick the habbit I can be successful in losing 50 lbs.has anyone else struggled with this? Any advice to help?

Replies

• Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Every day of my life, unfortunately. I found that it doesn't help to not enjoy what I typically crave. I am an emotional binge eater. A hint of stress and the urge comes back. A support system is great. Beyond that, measure everything. Portion everything. Enjoy that snickers within your calorie limit. But start working on finding another coping mechanism. I personally use my stationary bike. When I am getting upset, I tend to push myself to exercise to try to instill the habit of non-food coping mechanisms.
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have been dealing with Binge Eating Disorder for a few years. Only recently did I officially get diagnosed. I started a group on here for B.E.D. It is a good place to hear from people struggling with what you are going through. It is a very hard things as people just see it as a lack of self-control, but in reality it is so much more than that. Please know that there are many more people dealing with similar issues, and there is help and support available.
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I tend to find if I stay satisfied through the day and eat more frequently, I can control it somewhat. I'm going to look at the group for it too. Any help in this area is appreciated.