Plexus for Diabetes

Options
Has anyone heard of Plexus before? It was recommended to be since I am pre-diabetic.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Lots of threads here about it, and few positive. Who recommended it to you? Your doctor?
  • TLC7613
    TLC7613 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    A friend who is a distributor has been telling me about it. I'm sure just to get a sale, but I heard it was made for people with diabetes.
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    TLC7613 wrote: »
    A friend who is a distributor has been telling me about it. I'm sure just to get a sale, but I heard it was made for people with diabetes.

People here are going to have a strong opinion about supplements that claim to be appetite suppressants, fat burners and lots of other wonderful magical things. Do some NON-BIASED research. The FDA does not regulate stuff like that so who knows what's actually in it.

I would recommend setting up your MFP profile, buying a food scale, tracking everything (like every. single. thing.) and focus on a calorie deficit. It may take a little while, but it will work if you work it. Good luck, dear.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Since Plexus has not been evaluated by the FDA, it's really unwise to use it to cure/treat any medical conditions. If your friend was actually saying it could help with your pre-diabetes, then your friend is irresponsibly offering potentially dangerous advice in the name of making some money off of you. Supplements that contain similar ingredients as Plexus have also been found to cause liver problems.

If you would like to treat pre-diabetes, the best thing to do would be to work on establishing a calorie deficit in order to lose weight and go see your actual doctor.
  • jonesemary1995
    jonesemary1995 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is the compliance manager at plexus and it does not cure diabetes. But, it could help prevent them. Only because its a natural health and weight loss product.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Just no. Don't waste your money.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    TLC7613 wrote: »

There's all you need to know. MLM salespeople are aggressive and lie about their useless products to make money. Plexus is as useless as any other MLM scheme, their products are not backed by any legitimate science which says they're effective. The only place you'll lose weight is in your wallet, and MLM scam products don't treat/cure diseases. If they were effective in that way, they'd be considered "medicines", not "supplements".