Juicing

Options
Hi all,
For the past 6 weeks, I've strictly maintained a 1400 calorie diet, gave up all soda, and done high intense aerobics, and unfortunately have not seen any weight loss or looseness in my clothes. I've read that a 3 day juicing cleanse can help kick start your metabolism. I would love your kind thoughts on this. Also, would love to hear any experiences - success or failures - with a juicing cleanse. TIA! Kimberly B)

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    You will not get much support around here when it comes to cleansing/ juicing, etc.
    Have you been weighing/ measuring everything you eat?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The thing about juice cleanses is that they cause you to lose a lot of water weight (which is temporary), a little bit of fat, and whatever is causing your stall will still be there when you go back to eating. I always think it's better to address the problem behind the stall rather than looking for a quick fix. But that's up to you.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    wlr4m3n7pmtx.jpeg
  • MudstainSally
    MudstainSally Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    LOL, I love that flow chart... but it's so true.
  • typaymommie
    typaymommie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I log my food, but do not use a food scale. I have one, so I'll start using that. It's just frustrating when you have been doing so good, and those satisfying results aren't there.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I log my food, but do not use a food scale. I have one, so I'll start using that. It's just frustrating when you have been doing so good, and those satisfying results aren't there.

And there's the issue right there. Start weighing and measuring everything and give it a couple more weeks.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options

However, if you don't use a scale how do you know how many calories you are consuming?
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Kick starting your metabolism is not a real thing. Weighing and measuring is what you need!
  • CathReese33
    CathReese33 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    When I started weighing my food, not estimating it, my actual consumption probably halved... no joke! Porridge was the worst. Now I weigh everything except for non-starchy vegetables. Weigh and log for another 6 weeks and then see where you are. C x
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I'll have to agree with weighing everything. Get a good digital kitchen scale and learn to use it. Weigh everything. Even recipes you make yourself, weigh each ingredient, create a recipe, measure the volume it makes and how many servings it makes and you'll know exactly how many calories you are consuming. It sounds like a pain, but it can be fun, especially inputting your own recipes. I've found a lot of mine that I thought were high calorie that were not, and some that I thought were low calorie that were far from it. My wife and I always tended to cook by taste rather than by recipe so ours were different every time. As long as we enter it we know exactly how many calories, and can even use the same recipe to re-make something the same way we did before.

The recipe function of MFP is probably one of the features that I like the most, and it's the most lacking in support (IMHO). MFP should allow us to share our recipes with other users but it does not. So even though my wife and I are both on MFP we have to enter the recipe twice in both hers and mine, and it's a big pain. I'm hoping they fix that some day, but with the problems they have with their databases syncing I am starting to have my doubts.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Oh god yes to the weighing. You'll be so shocked when you weigh out pasta or cereal! A 30g portion of cereal is about 6 spoonful's, it's mad how much your guesstimating can be.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!