Strong Lifts 5x5 (Female)

Options
Anyone doing/have done this?? Results?? I am on week 2!

Replies

• katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to start it tomorrow! How are you getting on?
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    There are more than 5,000 members of the StrongLifts 5x5 for Women group on here. I don't know how to provide a link to the group, though, sorry!
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will check that out
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I started last week.
  • josiereside1
    josiereside1 Posts: 199 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Following
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Been doing it about a year. Good strength gains and definite improvement, especially in my shoulders and back. My arms, stomach and butt still have a bit too much flab to see definition, but I know the muscles are there. I can feel them. My advice.....get many fractional plates (available on Amazon) they will come in handy.
  • jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I started a couple of months ago and was perhaps taking the program too literally. I sustained a minor injury, probably from increasing weight too fast. So now I'm back at the beginning and going slow.
    So my advice is to listen to your body and don't get too caught up in your numbers. If you join the aforementioned group, you will learn lots of good tips, some specific for women, that I wish I had been aware of! Good luck!
    As for results, there are at least a few threads around if you search! Probably some in the group, too.