Lemon Water?

Options
I was wondering what everyone's thought are on drinking water with lemons in it for weight loss? Has anyone does this and lost weight? What exactly do the lemons help do? Thanks. :)

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    It makes water taste yummy. That's all.

If you drink your calories, then drinking lemon water instead can help keep you in a calorie deficit.

It's not magical.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    It makes water taste yummy. That's all.

If you drink your calories, then drinking lemon water instead can help keep you in a calorie deficit.

It's not magical.

^^This.

There are no magical properties in lemon water that will help you lose weight. If you enjoy drinking water with lemon, then by all means do so. It will not have an impact on your weight loss though. If you're using it as a replacement for other drinks that have calories (such as regular soda), it can aid in keeping you within your calorie goal.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Recommended for the acidity by our urologist to aid in breaking up / weakening kidney stone deposits<over time>. Makes water taste better. That;s about it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's tasty and helps you get water in, may make you drink more so you eat less, but a direct correlation between ingesting lemon and losing extra weight does not exist.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If it makes you drink more water and you like the taste then go for it. Won't do anything to actually make you lose weight though...
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Delicious.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Will not make you lose weight. There is no magic out there.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I like adding fresh strawberries at times to. one or too will give your water a wonderful flavor.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    It makes your water taste better, and depending on how much you add, you'll get some extra vitamins and minerals for very little caloric impact. I like to use a water bottle with a diffuser. I'll actually use lots of different fruits, from oranges, to berries, it all tastes delicious.