Fitbit inquiry!

Options
I'm looking into purchasing a fitbit flex. Do you have one? What do you like/dislike about it?

Replies

• chloem33
    chloem33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My husband had one which he has now updated to the charge hr. He really liked it but I was always a bit doubtful of how many steps it counted. I've always worn a fitbit one and if wearing both at the same time you will definitely log more steps on the flex, which I can only put down to arm movement.
    Downside used to be that you had to wear it all the time, not exactly the most attractive bit of kit with a little black dress etc. However you can now have more than one device logged to your account so can swap between that and a clipped fitbit, or with the fitbit flex you can remove the small insert from the band and wear it elsewhere on your person. There are also lots of different bands available on the market now instead of the basic ones provided by fitbit.
    For me, I have always been really happy with the one (discreet, has many of the features of the flex) but am going to purchase a hr in the near future. A bit more expensive than the flex but the added benefit of the heart rate monitor and automatic sleep monitoring (flex you have to press the button on the side to start sleep timer)
    Think it really comes down to your own personal preference on how you want to wear one and the individual features they offer, but hope I've given you some things to think about.
    The one thing I can say about owning any of them is the motivation to move more is incredible. I was incredibly sceptical until I put one on myself (resisted for more than a year while other family members raved about them) and then I couldn't believe it, walked everywhere!! Hope I've helped and not just confused you more!
  • ear1011
    ear1011 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I liked my flex! I now have an HR. But I like how the flex stays charged for much longer than the HR. I found there were days where the flex didn't measure my elliptical or treadmill steps. The HR hasn't let me down in that way yet. I would definitely recommend the flex to a friend though. The accuracy was not too far off for me! I am letting my mom try my flex now and she loves it. My sisters also both bought one and use them daily after they saw/heard me talk about mine.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I upgraded from a flex to a charge HR. I like the flex because of the ability to change the bracelet, and got one of the Tory Burch ones. But, I have noticed that the HR catches more steps than the flex. I also like that the HR counts floors climbed as well. The heart rate monitor is fun but I don't trust it much.