WAKE UP EARLY AND GO TO THE GYM

Options

Replies

• Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I don't get the people on here replying specifically to say they aren't going to work out in the morning. Just don't reply at all, the OP is asking for people who are.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm not working out in the AM at the moment but will be soon. My hubby's shifts are changing meaning I can't go to the gym in an evening or out for a walk / jog once the kids are in bed. I could still work out at home in the evening but means waiting until dinner has settled and I prefer at least 2 hours before working out. So it just seemed to make sense to work out in the morning. My hubby will be in bed so I can go out for a jog or use weights / DVD's at home. Gym is still closed at that time! I'll need to get up at 4.30am to still leave enough time to get ready for work and drop the kids off.
  • shannonbrewelch
    shannonbrewelch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love/hate doing my workout in the morning. You have to wake up early, but it is such a great start to my day, that I don't feel like myself without doing it.

We can do it guys!

Shannon, 7kgs, 8am.
  • Karmc2k
    Karmc2k Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    blueboxgeek.....going early takes a little getting used to, but after about a month it becomes routine, and it is a really great way to start the day.
  • mlh37214
    mlh37214 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have about 100 lbs to lose. Goal of 8 - 10 per month. I get up at 4 am to get ready and get myself to work. No formal workout that early, but I do have to get up so that I can take the dog for a 15 - 20 minute walk. Gets my blood pumping in the morning, too.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Lol, I decided there were not enough hours outside the working day for me to do what I want to do, so now I wake up at 2:30am, go for either a TM run or a TT spin of 30-45 minutes, and then at 6:30 am go for workout and cooldown run or ride ... absolutely bonkers but I now have heaps of energy, and it nicely adds to weight loss ... not for the feinthearted though :)
  • Karmc2k
    Options
    iofred, just wondering, how much sleep do you get? And is getting a workout worth the tradeoff for sleep?

I get up at 4 am, and I really do enjoy working out early each morn, but I wish I had more time to sleep too. However, I still wouldn't give up the gym for more sleep. The workouts just make the day so much better. Do you feel the same?
  • Forever_Country09
    Forever_Country09 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    17-20 pounds to go! 10 am workouts for me usually on Mondays, Tuesday's,
    Thursday's and Friday's. Want to get up early on Wednesdays before work at 6 am!
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I become really grumpy if I do not work out, and that is not a pleasant experience. I am a bit of an insomniac anyway, and for me it is definitely worth it. I can rest enough when I am in my coffin :) ... but I do go to bed early, around 9:30pm, so I should get enough sleep :)
  • groovytello
    groovytello Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chantelle, 130 and 4:00am!!
  • Lextmg86
    Lextmg86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I wake up anywhere from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM depending on my work shift that week.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Day one done, son. (Not without excessive whining and feeling sorry for myself though) :p
  • Karmc2k
    Options
    iofred wrote: »
    I can rest enough when I am in my coffin :)

Thanks for the reply iofred, it keeps me inspired and it feel like I'm not the only one to trade sleep for working out!
    Like your quote above, will make it my mantra on tough mornings!

• blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Mrs blobby 14 lbs 4.30am alarm call for gym by 5am - I run the mile to the gym (smug face!)
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I already wake up at 530am for work as a teacher. No way could I get up earlier and function well enough to teach AFTER the gym.

I am a teacher. I wake up at 4:30 am so I can work out. Then I get myself and the kids ready and get to work by 7:00 am. Exercise before work actually energizes me and helps me make much better food choices throughout the day.
  • mikeastarcher
    mikeastarcher Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Get up at 5:30 AM Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to hit the Gym. I hate getting up early, but the morning burn pumps me up for the rest of the day. When I tried after work workouts, I always ran into issues or excuses that kept me from going. So I say grin and bear it when the alarm goes off and you will feel better all day! I just want to be healthier so I can do more with my family. Loesing weight is just a side affect, LOL
  • altergirl
    altergirl Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Megan, 20lbs, 5:30 wakeup.

I absolutely HATE getting up early, but the bootcamp I love is only offered at 6am and 6pm near my house and being a full-time student and mother of three doesn't allow me to get to the 6pm class very often.
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Sara
    60lbs
    6:10am

Let's do this :D
  • Samjb77
    Samjb77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My gym doesn't open till 7am!
    Up at 6.30 making breakfast n lunches, 7.10 out the door take my partner to work, 7.30ish back, dishes n then get ready, out for work at 8.20.
    My body is still half asleep till 9am lol
  • Karmc2k
    Options
    4:44 am ... having my coffee then going to the gym at 5.
    Mrs. Blobby, I would be smug if I ran to the gym too...good for you! I just drag myself there in the morning. Once I get moving I perk up.
    And Mike, so cool your daily dedication, inspiring.
    And altergirl, doing it being a full time student and mother! That deserves a medal!
    & you go SaraBelle!
    I hope everyone keeps posting. I am so happy to see so many fellow early birds! :)