Ab workouts

Options
Anyone have an good ab exercises? I can always get the top two, maybe the top 4 abs. But those bottom two are a killer. Even at 127lbs I couldn't get my lower stomach defined. Any tips?

Replies

• BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    P90X's Ab Ripper X, along with solid eating, should get those abs where you want them to be in no time. Most intense ab workout I've ever encountered. The P90X+ Abs/Core+ isn't bad either.
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    leg lifts target that pouch area don't they? I do the 30 Day Shred workout and one move is to be down in a plank and bring your knee up to the opposite shoulder (or as close as you can get!) which she says works almost all the muscles there especially the obliques. Have you tried pilates?
  • gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options
    Lying leg lifts, hanging leg lifts, weighted leg lifts, bicycles, and a good cardio and nutrition plan :o]
  • brandyirigoyen
    Options
    P90X Ab ripper or Brazilian Butt lift's Tummy tuck. Both are intense and give great results.
  • Paula_Addem
    Paula_Addem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    leg lifts target that pouch area don't they? I do the 30 Day Shred workout and one move is to be down in a plank and bring your knee up to the opposite shoulder (or as close as you can get!) which she says works almost all the muscles there especially the obliques. Have you tried pilates?

I was going to say leg lifts for sure. Lay on your back with your hands behind your head and roll your legs up over you. It really targets your lower abs. I also am doing the shred, and it's great! Jillian has taught me all kinds of great new ab excersises.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    P90X's Ab Ripper X, along with solid eating, should get those abs where you want them to be in no time. Most intense ab workout I've ever encountered. The P90X+ Abs/Core+ isn't bad either.

Agreed!!!
    My body fat is too high to see the abs, but it's a killer work out!
    I'm hoping to see mine soon!
  • NikkiLaFleur
    Options
    I'm pretty new to this weight loss/ exercise thing. Truth be told I'm used to doing exercises the army has shown me. I've been in almost 4 years now and nothing lol. It's mostly flutter kicks, crunches, and sit ups in various forms.

I've tried the P90X with a friend, I'll have to order that. Or would the 30 day shred work better?

As far as my diet goes I've really only been eating hardboiled eggs baby carrots and fish with the occasional ham sandwich lol.

Thanks everyone for the input :-) I'm definitely going to look into all of them.
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Lay on your back with someone standing by your head (one foot on each side). you hold their ankles and bring your feet up. They throw your feet to the sides and middle and you don't let your feet touch the ground... works great if you do it right!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    In addition to all the wonderful advice already given. Reverse crunches. You need to be sure you are doing them correctly though ;)
  • NikkiLaFleur
    Options
    @Tandroes we used to do those for track! I forgot about those

@Dizzie, thanks I'll look that up
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Be careful with abs though! If you have a "pouch" doing abs and not much cardio will make the pouch appear bigger...this is because the muscle under the fat is bulging but your not burning the fat on top. Make sure U increase your cardio along with a normal amount of ab workouts :flowerforyou: Good luck!

Try bodybuilders.com

they have amazing tips, workouts, supplements and meal plans!!
  • NikkiLaFleur
    Options
    @KarisIrun 30 minutes every night and that averages about 2.5-3 miles each time for now. Hopefully thats enough to burn fat. Thanks :)
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    @KarisIrun 30 minutes every night and that averages about 2.5-3 miles each time for now. Hopefully thats enough to burn fat. Thanks :)

Ya that is about what I do too.....so in that case I hope it burns fat as well!! haha:laugh: