am i sedentary or active?

Options
i work full time (35 hrs a week) 5 days a week, in retail at a bookstore. i put books away.

help people with their tablets. back up in the cafe. back up at the registers. back up at customer service. clean up the mess customers leave behind like slobs. (usually all of those things daily.)

sometimes when i am home on my day off i clean a lot. various cleaning. broom. vacuum. wash dishes. and do laundry. (maybe only 2 times a week i do the items in bold.)

what is my activity level?

it will increase when the weather is more pleasant. obviously. hiking and walking.

Replies

• angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    when i get home from work i sit at the computer, watch TV shows with boyf, or read until i fall asleep lol.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Not active, but possibly lightly active. Do you do any extra walking on the weekends or after work?
  • angelamichelle_xo
    Options
    not yet, ardita.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    Options
    ive lost 4.5 pounds in 40 days. too quick?
  • arditarose
    Options

What is your height and weight?
  • angelamichelle_xo
    Options
    i mean. my feet hurt after working all day. i bend, kneel, walk around, all day at my job. i rarely stand in 1 spot for more than 5 minutes.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

5'6
    currently 160.5lbs
  • arditarose
    Options
    i mean. my feet hurt after working all day. i bend, kneel, walk around, all day at my job. i rarely stand in 1 spot for more than 5 minutes.

Yeah...but I walk an average of 4-5 miles every day and I'm a pretty classic example of lightly active.
  • arditarose
    Options

5'6
    currently 160.5lbs

Losing a little over a pound per week. I think that's a decent loss. As long as you are comfortable and don't feel overly restricted.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    Options
    eventually i'll be walking/jogging.

NOT running.

when it's averaging 50 degrees outside again. it's too snowy right now.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    Options

5'6
    currently 160.5lbs

Losing a little over a pound per week. I think that's a decent loss. As long as you are comfortable and don't feel overly restricted.

i feel fine. i'm actually happy with my calorie goal and i make it work.
    sometimes between meals i get hungry, but that causes me to drink more water. and i need that.
    i always forget.
  • arditarose
    Options

5'6
    currently 160.5lbs

i feel fine. i'm actually happy with my calorie goal and i make it work.
    sometimes between meals i get hungry, but that causes me to drink more water. and i need that.
    i always forget.

Okay. I'm a little shorter than you, but still, when I was up in the 160s I like losing at least a pound per week. I wasn't over-restricting and seeing a decent loss kept me motivated. Keep up the good work.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    Options
    thanks.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options

No one's saying you're lazy. If you'd prefer to post yourself as lightly active and see how it goes, you can always readjust later. But I would probably reserve an "active" setting for someone working in a warehouse, or construction, something like that.

I'm going with "lightly active". "Active" is just like was just said - someone who is a laborer. "Sedentary" should be reserved for desk jobs.