Can I count calories in two days instead of one?

Hi All,

Is it advisable to do 1200 on day1 and 1800 on day2 to meet your daily 1500 allotment? If so, what's the most imbalance you can do healthily?

Thank you.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Yes, it's fine. Many people here average their calories out over the week so they can splurge on the weekends or for special events.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    MFP doesn't allow you to set it up/track it that way, but it's perfectly fine to do--as long as you are at a deficit over time you should still lose weight.
  • raineholmes
    raineholmes Posts: 6 Member
    Yeah, I do that all the time. Over 200 one day, under 200 the next. It all evens out, and you still loose weight.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    mitch16 wrote: »
    MFP doesn't allow you to set it up/track it that way, but it's perfectly fine to do--as long as you are at a deficit over time you should still lose weight.

The free version does not have that feature; however, the Premium version allows users to set custom calorie and macro goals by day of the week.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1935024-what-are-the-features-of-myfitnesspal-premium-
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Weekly works great for me.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Weekly here for me too. Works perfect.

And for the "extra calories" one day and the MFP settings. You dont have to be Premium, you can also make your own entry in exercises...call it for example 500 calorie extra day" And log that the days you want the extra calories
    It shows up as a burn but is calculated right in your food logging.

95069916.png
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Thanks everyone.

I started my calorie counting this week and quickly realized that the daily counting was not ideal for me since dinners in my family were not "equal". I was afraid that since doing a deficit by default (to lose lbs) was already tough on the body, running up even more deficit for tastes reason seemed right down abusive. Glad to hear people are doing well with weekly counting. That's amazing!