My 600# life

Options
1235»

Replies

• blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I'm voting. I'm even gonna change my party bc im currently unaffiliated and I've jsut learned from one of my more politically active friends you MUST be registered here as a democrat to vote for Bernie. (WHY IS ANYONE VOTING FOR TRUMP WHEN THIS MAN IS ALIVE?).

Well I hope you're not suggesting we vote for Trump when he's DEAD... ;)
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I've thought the same thing. It's not just one large pizza, it's 3 or 4 for one person. Being from the south, the prices are way cheaper. I can buy a family pack of chicken thighs for $2 to $3. Not stereotyping the south, but most of the food is fried, high carbs or loaded with cheese, etc. Even people in my family buy off brand macaroni and cheese for 2 or 3/$1; most every protein is fried; very few vegetables (mostly potatoes); and tons of soda is consumed.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You guys are missing the point with the whole "bad food is cheaper" argument.

I'm not saying this to rag on people with money or something. I just think it's important people understand that there are reasons, beyond the purely mathematical, why people say "good food is more expensive". You're not wrong for saying "crappy food costs more dollar for dollar", but I think that just really over simplifies something that isn't actually all that simple.

Thank you for this well written post. I found myself in your words throughout it.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Where I live (southern CA) eating "junk" to the point where you can become obese can be done cheap though. I used to work with this person who cut out Carl Jr coupons that got you a whole combo or two big burgers for price of 1 for under 4usd. You can overload yourself with calories with free drink refills.

The Food4less and The Super supermarkets here mark down soon-to-expire pastries and other edibles to fraction of their original price, like 99cents for a huge package. Another Asian market marks down similiarly produce and fruits that are 10-20% "rotten." .99c for a huge bunch of bananas or a dozen of over ripen tomatos for example.

I imagine if you're willing to eat anything just to fill up, 10 dollars can last you 3 days easily.