Bored Snacking/Eating

Options
2»

Replies

• UnicornAmanda1
    UnicornAmanda1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    PaytraB wrote: »
    Find something to do? If you're bored and aware of that, find something to do that will take your boredom away or take your mind off of snacking.

Exactly this... I was struggling with night time snacking too. So now at night i loom instead. I am working on a blanket for my son... Its very relaxing and takes my mind off snacking! Plus they say knitting&sewing&looming and all that stuff is great for your mental health.

Other times i try to take my focus on something else.. Cleaning, doing my nails, etc... Good luck!!!
  • vannyn42
    vannyn42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Lol I'm reading the forums right now because I feel like snacking!!

Just need to drink lots of water and get my mind off of snacking by doing something else.
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of fruit, so I keep plums, nectarines, apples, or peaches in the fridge. Or, if I think that won't be enough, I grab a Quest bar. Strawberry Cheesecake is my flavor of the month!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yes. And the hard part for me is I'm in a surplus/gaining weight. So when I eat over my goal, I'm eating like...way over my maintenance already. So I'm gaining at a faster rate than I want :(

I even pre-log my snacks and desserts. I just...keep picking at stuff. My logging has been so sloppy lately.
  • heidilane28
    heidilane28 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is great guys! Everything seems pretty helpful. The biggest one is probably using my mental attitude about weight loss. I just get sloppy....
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Watch an episode of my 600lb life. That usually does it for me.

This really does wonders

• kwohl
    kwohl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I seem to always need something when I'm watching TV at night...what do you eat?
  • DatGuy_Bry
    DatGuy_Bry Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I used to do that a lot while watching tv. I mean, TV we just more enjoyable when you're chewing on something lol

Anyways here's a few things that I do to combat that bad habit.

1. Throw all junk food out and replace with healthy alternatives like clementines. After 1 or two, I'm no longer hungry.
    2. Drink water until your full
    3. Give yourself a time frame. I try to eat 4-7 small meals a day, every three hours, rich with protein. If it's not my time to eat, I can't eat.
    4. Stay busy. Engross yourself in something that interests you. Read a book, play a game, Stalk an ex on Facebook...you know the usual lol
    5. Google or look at pictures of your ideal body to help you resist the urges.

Hope it helps!